Lease the Battery and own Half the Truck/Car?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But average house pricing compared to average wage has gotten completely out of whack, so much so that my nephew is in talks with 4 other young guys to try and pool enough resources to buy a home. That's the only way they can get ahead. 4 wage earners, whereas my parents generation did it on one income.

Now car prices are going the same way.

Attachments

• Tumblr_l_106757335438336.jpg
    Tumblr_l_106757335438336.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 8

MaxGig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the high cost of new cars/trucks is one reason but also, the new generation of potential buyers are not very driven to buy homes, have families, or do a lot of the things prior generations did. they are happy to rent a place to live, lease a car, live together without kids, and uber for transportation and doordash for food. they have grown up with their parents just buying them everything they ask for and are slow to learn the value of a dollar. many dont seem motivated to own a stake in anything.
Man you just named both of my sons and my niece and nephew with those words. I don't understand today's youth, the 25-45 yr olds. They don't want kids, but will have 3 cats and 2 dogs. Think they should be earning $100k or more right out of college, and don't know how to check the oil on their car. This is what I deal with on a daily basis.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Did the Gov't pay for college back a few years ago

Kids don't have to graduate high school, they are just signed off

All the Border Jumpers, will be able to vote in two years
guess who they will vote for

The only good thing for Senior Citizens on Social Security, will be getting a Cola Raise that will be close to $50.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Did the Gov't pay for college back a few years ago
Back in my day of education, in the early 70s, tuition was around $16 per credit hour. I was able to work my way through while living at home with no problem. I earned another degree back in 2012, employers love degrees for some reason, they paid for it but the tuition was $466.00 per credit hour.

The sad thing, even though I had yet another degree, I offered nothing new to my job.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont think we have ever been told here in Texas to not charge ev's (probably arent enough here to matter) but have had a few general notices that consumption is expected to high so please conserve where you can. here we have ERCOT and you can go their website anytime and see the exact amount of demand and available supply and the amount coming from each source such as wind/solar/hydro/nuclear and so on. even a while back when the temps here were 105-108 every day, we had plenty of margin. during the big freeze a cpl. years ago we did lose power in my neighborhood for 45 hrs. but many folks around the DFW area never lost power at all. I think ERCOT did some soul searching after that and rolled a few heads.
I had no power for over 4 days except for my portable generator.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont think we have ever been told here in Texas to not charge ev's (probably arent enough here to matter) but have had a few general notices that consumption is expected to high so please conserve where you can. here we have ERCOT and you can go their website anytime and see the exact amount of demand and available supply and the amount coming from each source such as wind/solar/hydro/nuclear and so on. even a while back when the temps here were 105-108 every day, we had plenty of margin. during the big freeze a cpl. years ago we did lose power in my neighborhood for 45 hrs. but many folks around the DFW area never lost power at all. I think ERCOT did some soul searching after that and rolled a few heads.
Well, I am on a rural electric co-op (Ole REA), down here, and we are getting an extra surcharge applied to ALL our bills every month to PAY for the Power Cost from Feb 2021. They will not even tell us how long this surcharge will remain on our bills. The surcharge is the SCRF charge.

What is PCRF?
Power Cost Recovery Factor "PCRF" is the portion of your bill that will vary monthly based on the current power, transmission and substation cost versus the established cost at the time of our most recent cost of service study.

What is SCRF?
Securitization Cost Recovery Factor "SCRF" is a billing component required to recover monies used to service the debt incurred due to the extraordinary wholesale power cost from Winter Storm URI.

DatePCRFSCRFTotal PCRF
September 20230.003869.015740.019609
August 20230.005793.015740.021533
July 20230.005424.015740.021164

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Isn't Texas one of those States that a few years ago, they had a power outage & they would not buy power from another source, like New Mexico, Arizona or Nevada

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
we did have a double whammy. something the whole country could face at some point. we had single digit temps for maybe a week and snow covered the big solar farms out west and then there was little wind for the wind farms combined with a couple of equipment malfunctions due to poor maintenance at gas powered generating plants and badaboom, power outages. we were ok here in DFW before that, just cold. had pool running and plants in the greenhouse and shrubs and trees wrapped. then came 45 hours without power at my house. pool froze solid. 2.5" crust of ice. we lost all our palm trees and most of plants we had put in the green house. some folks near houston were customers of after market providers that couldnt get power for their customers because they were signed up for a low rate and their providers were not able to buy power on the spot market. I found out later that since we all have the new wifi meters, certain parts of town didnt lose their power if there were essential customers in the area such as police/fire/medical/senior living. our nephews lived near key stuff and never lost power. the more coal and gas generating plants they shut down, the greater the chance of that scenario happening more often in the future. IMHO

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Isn't Texas one of those States that a few years ago, they had a power outage & they would not buy power from another source, like New Mexico, Arizona or Nevada
Texas systems, 90% run by ERCOT ref distribution. Texas is not on either the West Coast or East Coast Grid. TX is basically independent from all others. I got maybe 4 hours of electricity from my REA provider in 4 1/2 days. Good thing I had/still have my portable 4350 genny, that kept important things like fridge and such running, but not enuf to tie into heater, so I had 2 space heaters running and I, and the critters just basically hung out in the living room. Now since I have whole house system, as long as not be out forever, I am OK.

See post #26 on how we are getting it put to us ref outage. The generating plants had the cost of generating fuels raised 1200% for that outage time (Spot market pricing), so electric companies are 1-8 Billion in the red ref that billing time, so we are all paying forever to make that up, and we have no choice. Everything is BIGGER in Texas, lol.

ADDED: ERCOT: Electric Reliability Council of Texas.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
we did have a double whammy. something the whole country could face at some point. we had single digit temps for maybe a week and snow covered the big solar farms out west and then there was little wind for the wind farms combined with a couple of equipment malfunctions due to poor maintenance at gas powered generating plants and badaboom, power outages. we were ok here in DFW before that, just cold. had pool running and plants in the greenhouse and shrubs and trees wrapped. then came 45 hours without power at my house. pool froze solid. 2.5" crust of ice. we lost all our palm trees and most of plants we had put in the green house. some folks near houston were customers of after market providers that couldnt get power for their customers because they were signed up for a low rate and their providers were not able to buy power on the spot market. I found out later that since we all have the new wifi meters, certain parts of town didnt lose their power if there were essential customers in the area such as police/fire/medical/senior living. our nephews lived near key stuff and never lost power. the more coal and gas generating plants they shut down, the greater the chance of that scenario happening more often in the future. IMHO
U know, some of those low cost providers, passed on a single monthly bill of 2-4K to some people, which makes me happy I am still on my REA provider (I am still on my co-op for all stuff), and did not jump when TX "deregulated" (I got a better word for that) in Whateva year that was in the past.