leasimg help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pat_bfd4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey all. im in the market for a 2019 ram 1500 big horn crew cab. would like the hemi but im not picky about that or the eTourhe. im looking to see what average down payment/monthly payment/miles is. ive been looking around but im seeing diffrent numbers. the dealers have been giving me cruddy (obviously) numbers so i just wanna see where i should be trying to shoot for with a monthly payment.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm sure you know this, but there's a lot of factors at play to boil it down to a set monthly payment.

I know the mega chain dealer around me that sells just about every make will customize a lease to what ever you want in terms of miles, length of term and out of pocket money.

It's wisest to know how much they're knocking off MSRP to base the lease off of and what the money factor is, then go from there.

I've leased a few times in my life and I don't see the point of putting more than a grand or two down. If I have to throw away more than that, I'll finance it or find a better model to lease/finance.

BlackBeast87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just signed a lease on a 2019 1500 Big Horn, crew cab. MSRP $46375. Price after discount and incentives $35870. I put zero down and only paid the first months payment at signing. $486 a month for a 36/12000 lease. I’m in the Houston, TX area. I was going to put my trade in money down on the truck but decided to pocket the money instead.

Greg_nc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I just finished this process and I have bought and sold many vehicles over the years. I used this tool to help me get dealers competing for my business. It’s not perfect by any means but it helps you when searching! Just plug in the msrp, down payment, and the term and it will calculate the lease score and tell you whether it’s good or bad. Sort of like evaluating a house purchase by price per square foot.
http://www.realcartips.com/leasing/0439-good-lease-deal.shtml

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
What is important is the total amount you will pay during the lease, including the initial payment, and any penalties for putting too many miles on the truck. If you pay too much for the truck or too much in lease interest or put too many miles on the truck then your monthly payment can be a great deal higher than that of someone else buying the same or a similar truck.

The only time it pays to lease is with a vehicle rated at 6000 lbs. GVWR or less that is used for a business as this maximizes the tax deduction one can take. Otherwise one pays a hefty premium overall for the vehicle.

There is a point where it pays to put ego gratification aside and buy a used vehicle and save 30-50 percent. When I have bought a used vehicle it has always been from the original owner who could provide me with the service and maintenance records for the vehicle so I knew exactly what I was buying.

It took me a while to learn that it was not so much how much I was making in income but how little I could spend and how important it was to avoid debt as much as possible. A 15-year mortgage on a house is one thing as the house is not going to depreciate by 20% during the first 12 months of ownership.

One thing I like about trucks is that a 10 year old one if maintained and is clean and dent free still looks great and is not dated like a passenger car (which is done by design to increase sales of new models to gullible consumers).