location of starter relay on '08 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racejunky

Reaction score
Ram Year
'94 & '96
Engine
where is this thing at? I have been told it mounts behind the fuse panel under the hood but when I removed the panel box there is nothing there. Found out why there is no starter relay to be found. It seems that in a blinding flash of brilliance Dodge decided to integrate certain components thus removing the $15.00 relay so that we would have to part with a paltry $3- 400.00 for a complete tipm unit to fix an ailing starter relay. I see where there is a way to bypass a fuel pump relay so I was wondering if maybe the same thing could be done with the starter relay but that doesn't seem to exist. If there is some way to make this happen, please inform me of what would have to be done to make this issue go away. there are plenty of relays to be had so if I could find out what the wiring for this is maybe I could splice one of those in. Maybe?

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

racejunky

Reaction score
Ram Year
'94 & '96
Engine
I understand they make a fuel pump relay that can bypass the tipm and can be had fairly reasonably on ebay among other places. If that is the case why can't a starter relay be wired in to bypass the tipm? If a universal type relay will work for this all that is needed is to know which wires to splice. not having a wiring diagram that tells me this I am at a loss to attempt such an undertaking. If anyone has such an animal or knows where I can acquire this info I would be very thankful for that info. My manual only gives me typical from 2002

Chahta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has this been answered anywhere? Youtube videos seem to address 2009 and up but not 2008 and below.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has this been answered anywhere? Youtube videos seem to address 2009 and up but not 2008 and below.
That is because tipm failure is not as common in older rams normally its something else but yes when they fail most of the time it can be bypassed you just need a good wire diagram.

Chahta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am trying to check the output of the relay. Do you have a wiring diagram or wire color going to the fuel pump? Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juanita Kelley