Looking for Bug Deflector that provides coverage extending to the fender tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Everyone, as the title states I'm looking for a bug deflector that provides coverage on the hood andd extends to the tips of the front fenders.

The EGR Superguard bug Deflector is one product that fits the bill but one of the members of this forum had issues with it rubbing the paint off of the top of his grill where the deflector rested on the grill. I don't want to create more issues than I solve so am leery about the EGR product.

https://www.truckhardware.ca/products/699?variant=7314

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/be...-super-guard-bug-shield-damaged-paint.106111/

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have the The EGR Superguard bug Deflector & i have the same one that used to be on my old 2009 Ram, it is on my 2016 Ram now

The 2016

MuwFS6.jpg

the 2009

051jz.jpg

egr9.jpg

look closely at the clamp that wraps around the sheet metal
egr6.jpg
egr3p.jpg

egr2u.jpg

If you buy one of these, on the 4 mounting points under the hood, there are little white plastic blocks, pay attention to which way that they are suppose to be placed, i did not have the instructions when i mounted the bug deflector on the 2016 & i did not recall how to fit them in correctly & i kept dropping the screws.
I should have had another set of hands to help me

Last edited:
OP
OP
joeygster

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the replies guys.

GTyankee, did you have any issues with the hood deflector rubbing on the top of the grill in the area where it meets the headlights? That was the issue that one of our forum members had with the product.