Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mdrayii87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ga
Engine
I have a 2017 1500 And this weekend I was doing a favor giving someone a jumpstart and accidentally touch the cables together and this happened my service power steering light came on so what I noticed was the fuse was blown I replaced that and still same thing thing I even did a hard reset removed all the plugs from fuse box and scan erase and clean the power and negative cables still nothing can anyone help me out I know rack and pinion is my last solution but dealership is back up to check my truck out 2 weeks advance just to look at it 7F5289CD-44AA-4929-B70B-9E07F397E3AF.jpeg5E56B1C7-CC68-4724-8838-B50C79D22284.jpeg

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea. Jump starting isn’t such a good thing anymore. Fried my ipc/tipm jump starting someone. May have a computer failure. The surge load from jump starting is bad for electronics now. I won’t carry jumper cables anymore. The power steering has its own brain. Maybe try removing the battery for 24hrs and tie the battery cables together to drain the computers and then connect the battery back that’s about as good of a hard reset as possible.

OP
OP
M

Mdrayii87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ga
Engine
Yea. Jump starting isn’t such a good thing anymore. Fried my ipc/tipm jump starting someone. May have a computer failure. The surge load from jump starting is bad for electronics now. I won’t carry jumper cables anymore. The power steering has its own brain. Maybe try removing the battery for 24hrs and tie the battery cables together to drain the computers and then connect the battery back that’s about as good of a hard reset as possible.
I tried that still nothing