Low beam on while passenger highbeam is dim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramtradesman19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New here and I Tried searching for this and got nothing so here we go:

I have a 2019 ram tradesman with aftermarket Led headlights (led replacement from halogen) I have had them for almost a year, never any issue. All of a sudden one night I’m walking to the truck while only the low beams are on and I see the passenger highbeam is on very dim but not the driver side. If you activate high beams they’re nice and bright, no issue. Go back to low beam and it’s just the low beams and passenger high beam (dim)

Anyone ever have this issue? Could this be a LCM issue? Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Picture: highbeam is very dim, i can take another photo if needed
IMG_3071.jpeg

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I'm not up on all the acronyms, what is an LCM?

Historically, a dimming or dim running light is a grounding issue.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the exact same problem on my 4th gen with aftermarket LEDs. One side flickering, dim, then died, other side fine. Ended up needing a replacement set of LED lights.

Think I might start there. Do you have a warranty still on those LEDs?

OP
OP
Ramtradesman19

Ramtradesman19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had the exact same problem on my 4th gen with aftermarket LEDs. One side flickering, dim, then died, other side fine. Ended up needing a replacement set of LED lights.

Think I might start there. Do you have a warranty still on those LEDs?
How could I need new if they work great when high beams are on. When low beams are on there should be no power to the high beam circuit at all

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If I understand correctly, when your hi-beams are on they work as advertised, but when you turn your lights back to low-beam the low-beams work but the passenger hi-beam is also dimly shining.

If so, I would say you have a voltage bleed from your passenger low-beam to your passenger hi-beam; just enough to slightly power the hi-beam bulb. Normally I would say that the hot wire to your low-beam is shorting out to the hot wire of your hi-beam, but since these trucks are so much more complicated than they need to be I couldn't be sure. But it's a place to start.

Ole man

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New here and I Tried searching for this and got nothing so here we go:

I have a 2019 ram tradesman with aftermarket Led headlights (led replacement from halogen) I have had them for almost a year, never any issue. All of a sudden one night I’m walking to the truck while only the low beams are on and I see the passenger highbeam is on very dim but not the driver side. If you activate high beams they’re nice and bright, no issue. Go back to low beam and it’s just the low beams and passenger high beam (dim)

Anyone ever have this issue? Could this be a LCM issue? Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Picture: highbeam is very dim, i can take another photo if needed
View attachment 529300
Your right lowbeam ground
is faulty. Feeds back through highbeam to ground. Should be an easy fix.
Ole man