Low washer fluid light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Daddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the last few years, when the outside temperature goes below 30 degrees, my low washer fluid light comes on but its full. If the temp is above 30 it is off. To a point its almost entertaining but I'd like to fix it. Is the sensor in the pump or is there a separate one? Anyone else have this problem?

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the last few years, when the outside temperature goes below 30 degrees, my low washer fluid light comes on but its full. If the temp is above 30 it is off. To a point its almost entertaining but I'd like to fix it. Is the sensor in the pump or is there a separate one? Anyone else have this problem?

This has been discussed a lot on this forum. The fluid sensor sticks, causing the false reading.

Some on this forum swear that one brand (Rain-X?) causes the sticky sensor.

You may want to do a search and some reading, as some have posted information on how they resolved this problem.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The search function in the upper right corner of this page can be your friend too. :cool:

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Use regular -50 blue, some of those useless overpriced fancy washer fluids **** up the sensor.