Manual folding to power folding mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martinoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello ! I explain, i just bought a 2023 ram 1500 warlock and it came from factory with non tow power folding mirror, the dealer trade the non tow power fold with towing mirror but NON power fold ! I'm assuming i have the right door module/harness and already have the switch to make it work with towing power folding mirror ! Is there a way to add power fold my existing mirror ?! Like adding actuator on mirror?! ( I have alfaOBD for programming) thanks !

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You'd have to change the entire mirror unit out. What the dealer took off your power fold and replace with towing-NON POWER fold is because they wanted to save money. I'd have a problem with it especially if you paid for the upgrade. Also did they give you the non towing back or kept them?? I assume this was a brand new truck?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Hopefully you do have the Original Mirrors.
They are worth a small fortune.
If Ram makes Power Folding Tow Mirrors, your Ram should have all the right door switches & other parts, so that you should be programmed ready.

Unfortunately, your current mirrors can not be retrofitted with actuators/motors

It looks like there have been major changes to the OEM power tow mirrors
different parts than before ...............

even better video

-------------------------------------------------

It may be easier to buy after market power tow mirrors, money wise

Last edited:
OP
OP
martinoram

martinoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You'd have to change the entire mirror unit out. What the dealer took off your power fold and replace with towing-NON POWER fold is because they wanted to save money. I'd have a problem with it especially if you paid for the upgrade. Also did they give you the non towing back or kept them?? I assume this was a brand new truck?
I do not have the power mirror anymore, the dealer keep it ! We exchange the normal size power fold mirror with towing non power fold because i was needing the towing mirror ! But the powerfolding tow mirror was very too much expensive at the dealer !

OP
OP
martinoram

martinoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Brand new classic, they kept the original power fold mirror in exchange of tow non power fold mirror, i was asking because if it was only actuator or something like that, i probably made the " modification"

OP
OP
martinoram

martinoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hopefully you do have the Original Mirrors.
They are worth a small fortune.
If Ram makes Power Folding Tow Mirrors, your Ram should have all the right door switches & other parts, so that you should be programmed ready.

Unfortunately, your current mirrors can not be retrofitted with actuators/motors

It looks like there have been major changes to the OEM power tow mirrors
different parts than before ...............

even better video

-------------------------------------------------

It may be easier to buy after market power tow mirrors, money wise
Mine is a 2023 CLASSIC warlock, same mirror than before till 2009 ?!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Brand new classic, they kept the original power fold mirror in exchange of tow non power fold mirror,
You could go aftermarket, Trail Ridge makes OEM looking power fold towing mirrors. You can get them with all the OEM features except auto-dimming.
Check: https://www.1aauto.com/

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Then your Ram is a DS or Classic model

It looks like as far as power tow mirrors go
2009 - 2018 are the same
then
2019 -

MOPAR Mirrors Towing ..... for Classics
it looks like they are Power Extending
not
Power Folding

You may have to ask Benny, he is a Mopar Vendor on this forum

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
MOPAR Mirrors Towing ..... for Classics
it looks like they are Power Extending
not
Power Folding
None of the OEM mirrors are power extending, there is power fold towing mirrors.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I do not have the power mirror anymore, the dealer keep it ! We exchange the normal size power fold mirror with towing non power fold because i was needing the towing mirror ! But the powerfolding tow mirror was very too much expensive at the dealer !
So they did the swap as an even exchange?? You didn't pay the dealer for the tows?

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could go aftermarket, Trail Ridge makes OEM looking power fold towing mirrors. You can get them with all the OEM features except auto-dimming.
Check: https://www.1aauto.com/
I thought about changing my express mirrors to the ones with the blinker and puddle lights. Can’t decide if I’m better off looking for sport mirrors to swap or aftermarket. I’ve heard the aftermarket’s shake ect and the studs aren’t the same. Sequential turns seem kinda cool.

OP
OP
martinoram

martinoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Got 1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l v8
Are they as good as oem ?! Shake or loose etc
I'd say 98% OEM quality. Very sturdy and the folding mechanism sounds very well made. Before getting them I looked for reviews and most of them are very good.