Map update or Device not Supported

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bourgeois

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
2019 Ram Limited,never updated maps until now. Dealership told me I had to order the update thru Here.com. Here told me I needed the software update 1st, then map after & the dealership doesn't do either. Received the "jump drives" for both updates, 20 min into trying to update the software I got an "Error Code 20" . Called Uconnect & was told it's a Failed Firmware, a known issue, entire radio needs replacing but had to bring to dealership for a detailed diagnostic. I had to call uconnect back with some code the dealership gave me along with their mailing address and contact info. This was then sent to a "case manager" that took 1.5 weeks to call me and say that it's been approved to be replaced free of charge. It's been ordered & dealership will call when they receive it. But lucky me, my husband owns a 2019 Longhorn Laramie WITH THE SAME EXACT ISSUE!!! so, the process for his has begun as well.
Other issues we both have are: navagation system has us driving in God knows where, usually thru water, apple carplay does not work, Siri does not work, we get this Device not support message that comes and goes, my air suspension has issues, etc. It's so aggravating, you pay all this money for a truck, it should update automatically without having to spend $160 for the "jump drives" and install it yourself! Hope this helps someone else. Call Uconnect at 1-877-855-8400 option 9 but have the last 8 numbers of your Vin handy

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2019 Ram Limited,never updated maps until now. Dealership told me I had to order the update thru Here.com. Here told me I needed the software update 1st, then map after & the dealership doesn't do either. Received the "jump drives" for both updates, 20 min into trying to update the software I got an "Error Code 20" . Called Uconnect & was told it's a Failed Firmware, a known issue, entire radio needs replacing but had to bring to dealership for a detailed diagnostic. I had to call uconnect back with some code the dealership gave me along with their mailing address and contact info. This was then sent to a "case manager" that took 1.5 weeks to call me and say that it's been approved to be replaced free of charge. It's been ordered & dealership will call when they receive it. But lucky me, my husband owns a 2019 Longhorn Laramie WITH THE SAME EXACT ISSUE!!! so, the process for his has begun as well.
Other issues we both have are: navagation system has us driving in God knows where, usually thru water, apple carplay does not work, Siri does not work, we get this Device not support message that comes and goes, my air suspension has issues, etc. It's so aggravating, you pay all this money for a truck, it should update automatically without having to spend $160 for the "jump drives" and install it yourself! Hope this helps someone else. Call Uconnect at 1-877-855-8400 option 9 but have the last 8 numbers of your Vin handy
12 " U Connect screen in both by any chance...

OP
OP
Bourgeois

Bourgeois

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
yes, both have 12" screens

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Can't think of a single car manufacturer that gives free map updates. Maps are made by 3rd party companies such as TomTom or Garmin. The software for the radio itself is free to download.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
None of the manufacturers I know give the map updates away. They get it from other companies who build software platforms for them.

You must have car play and Android Auto, just use your phone and get real time updates.