Maps in Navigation doesn’t refresh after RA4 upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sactoyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i just upgraded my 2015 Ram 1500 from 5” uconnect to 8.4” RA4 system and everything works fine except the maps doesn’t work properly. It doesn’t refresh location. It shows correct location when you start the vehicle but as the vehicle is moving it doesn’t reflect it on the map. It will eventually show where the vehicle is but seems like it refreshes every 1 min or so. Or maybe just as vehicle comes to a stop at a light. What could be causing this?

Is it a bad antenna? I even did the latest software update and it’s still doing same. I have the puck type antenna.

Any help from experts here would be greatly appreciated.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
i just upgraded my 2015 Ram 1500 from 5” uconnect to 8.4” RA4 system and everything works fine except the maps doesn’t work properly. It doesn’t refresh location. It shows correct location when you start the vehicle but as the vehicle is moving it doesn’t reflect it on the map. It will eventually show where the vehicle is but seems like it refreshes every 1 min or so. Or maybe just as vehicle comes to a stop at a light. What could be causing this?

Is it a bad antenna? I even did the latest software update and it’s still doing same. I have the puck type antenna.

Any help from experts here would be greatly appreciated.

If I remember right you need the fin one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
NAV uses the same antenna (puck) as SXM radio. If you don’t have a subscription you can still get sat channel 184 to see if you have a signal. If not the puck or wiring could be the issue. Hopefully it is not the radio.