Michelin LTX M/S or Falken Wildpeak AT3W

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly! I see some Tire Rack reviews with thousands of miles on them and thats OK, but then to cross reference them to where I drive, it doesnt specify if 90% of those miles were highway, etc. Impossible for apples to apples and at $200+ each, I dont do "blind faith".

Granted, in 20" diameter MOST tires are that expensive, but its still a crapshoot IMHO.

Yes that is the exact problem, even if the review is after some decent drive time/mileage, usually there are many other missing details or where they live is completely different than where you live. I got my falkens in stock size for $175 a tire from a local shop, at that price I was willing to make the switch from the bfg's and take a little bit of a gamble with them.

When you find a tire nobody has anything bad to say about, you'll let us all know right? :D

I'm sure you can find a negative review on anything, I was only checking on tire rack as they do at least have some reviews with actual mileage. I may have looked at some other places as well, but mostly tire rack, and I don't recall seeing a bad review of them. I had run probably 3-4 sets of bfg all terrains prior to switching, and what made me look for something new was that I did start to hear and then see some negatives on the bfg's. Price I was finding on the bfg's were around $250/tire, so couldn't justify spending that much more when the falkens seemed perfectly good.

That being said, just like the bfg's, I'm sure falken could slip on their quality as well. Kind of sucks, have to do a decent amount of research each time I need new tires to make sure I don't get duds.

SDHunter75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a ‘19 Classic that I just replaced the POS Goodyear’s with Wildpeaks on Fri. I’m hunting in SD right now and the rain has been unreal and the backroads are mud slime! The tires are not loud at all. They have been great out here so far. Buy from Tire Buyer using the Rakuten app. Will get 4.5% cash back then search Retailmenot for a code for Tire Buyer. I used one for 8% off. They look great on the truck also!

OldLeo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just put those on my truck yesterday. Headed to SD third week of November to hunt. Glad they are working out

Jetson495

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm needing new tires and my issue is that I've had the Wildpeaks on for the last couple of years and I really love the look of them, BUT, I rarely go off road and I also appreciate a quiet ride. The Wildpeaks have been solid for about 40,000 miles, but really started to wear fast the last 5-7k miles it seems.
All my other vehicles wear Michelins, and my experience with the LTX is good. I'm mainly struggling with the aesthetics.
I also pull pretty heavy TT and don't want to take any chances.