misfire troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaywalla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 01 1500 with the 5.2 and 115k . I slowly been doing work on it getting everything straight. I recently changed the plug wires, dis cap and rotor and changed the oil/filter. since ding this i have been getting a misfire on cylinder 8 but only under load. I hear a ticking when it does misfire, in the process of trying to fix it i have changed the distributor pickup coil, re purchased and installed another cap and rotor, changed the #8 plug wire and swapped the plug with one that wasn't misfiring and changed the fuel fail and fuel injectors and still have the same issue of misfire on 8 when under load with a short clicking when misfire occurs. Anyone got some advise? am getting frustrated with this, never had a misfire i couldn't fix before. I dont have a tool to test for compression. Is there somthing i am missing?

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most likely the Plenum