Moisture in headlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
2015 1500 SLT QC 5.7, 183K miles.

Noticed yesterday that I had condensation inside my driver side headlight assembly. Could not see any cracks, etc., but nothing would surprise me.

Original assemblies and bulbs, too.

I am not against replacing the assemblies, but wanted to see if anyone else experienced this, and if there is a fix I can do.

Thanks in advance.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The housing could be cracked, the seal around the bulb socket housing could be bad. You could use air to completely dry the lens and then install a new lightbulb to see if that stops the moisture. If not, you might remove lens, seal the bulb opening and then immerse in water and look for bubbles.

blue ghost

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 sport
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok, but can you tell me where they are they.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
On my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
There were 2 or 3 vents on each headlight,
had to pull the headlights to see them

Newer headlights are a bit different

Heathen-19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, but can you tell me where they are they.
I am not certain about the location on your 2013. I have been reading that there are differences on something’s on model years 13-14-15. On my 19 Classic RCSB the drivers side headlight was doing this after having work done to it because of an accident. They are the reflector type assemblies. The vents are circled in the photo. Mine has a grey cap that covers a screen/filter on a protruding stem like hole. When the grey cap is removed the filter/screen usually comes out with it. Trick is trying to get the correct gap between the screen and the cap for air to go through for ventilation. The only way I know to access the vents is to remove the assembly from the truck.

Attachments

• IMG_0615.jpeg
    IMG_0615.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0617.jpeg
    IMG_0617.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 7

blue ghost

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 sport
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am not certain about the location on your 2013. I have been reading that there are differences on something’s on model years 13-14-15. On my 19 Classic RCSB the drivers side headlight was doing this after having work done to it because of an accident. They are the reflector type assemblies. The vents are circled in the photo. Mine has a grey cap that covers a screen/filter on a protruding stem like hole. When the grey cap is removed the filter/screen usually comes out with it. Trick is trying to get the correct gap between the screen and the cap for air to go through for ventilation. The only way I know to access the vents is to remove the assembly from the truck.
Thanks., i just changed the headlight bulbs to LEDs, so i will now know what to do if it happens again.