Morimoto XB LED - Aiming & Fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Felks32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Everyone,

I know there are a million other Morimoto threads out there but most of them are old and didn't want to bump a 2 year old thread.

I just purchased and installed a set of Morimoto XB LED headlights on my '22 Warlock - went with the Amber DRL's and I think they look killer!

For those that have these lights, how is your fitment, and how much work was aiming them?

My driver's side was almost perfect out of the box...perfect fitment, perfect aim. Passenger side, not so much on either account.

It took a fair bit longer to get it mounted, lots of wiggling to get the white lock tab in the wheel well to lock in place, and there are bigger gaps between the headlight assembly and body panel vs the driver's side. Also the aim was WAY off out of the box. I had to turn the vertical adjuster 3 full turns to get it down near to where the driver's side is.

Anyone else have these experiences or similar? I love the lights, love the output, love the way they look when lit up. So much more modern than the stock ones. True plug & play, no errors at all.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Felks32

Felks32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As an update - I removed the passenger side and reinstalled and it’s much better this time around. Much more uniform gap. Super happy with the end result.

Attachments

• IMG_2909.jpeg
    IMG_2909.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 10

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
My driver's side was almost perfect out of the box...perfect fitment, perfect aim. Passenger side, not so much on either account.
Did the final aiming look like this?
valeoaimdiagramp1.jpg

OP
OP
Felks32

Felks32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did the final aiming look like this?
View attachment 528286
No, not even close on the passenger side. The lowest I could get it was like another step up from the drivers side. Like stairs. So basically the passenger side left (lower cutoff) lines up with the drivers side upper cutoff. Not sure what to do. I’ve already cranked the passenger side down 3 full turns. I think that’s the max.

OP
OP
Felks32

Felks32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sent them back today and put the stock assemblies back in. Was flashed by 3 people while I was out on Saturday night. Wasn’t going to mess with over-adjusting and putting stress or malfunction on the aiming mechanism. Beautiful lights but IMO, I got a faulty pair that were nowhere near close to aligned from the factory. Not what I’d expect from $1700 CAD assemblies.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
not sure about the Morimoto headlights but the Alpharex and factory headlights you can turn more than three full turns to adjust them. There is also the front hold down bolt is height adjustable.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357