MYGIG Lockpick V5 For Sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
(Sold) MYGIG Lockpick V5 For Sale

Up for sale is a Version 5 Lockpick. Purchased new in November 2013

$165.00 including Priority Mail shipping.

I used this with my 430 RBZ touchscreen on my 2011 SLT. Other than some electrical tape residue on the RCA connectors, it's like new with all wires and labels intact. I lost the manual, but here's a link to it.
http://www.coastaletech.com/media/New%20Mygig%20FIM%20Lockpick%20Instructions.pdf

******NOTE PLEASE READ CAREFULLY******

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm going to explain in detail the issue I had and why I uninstalled it. I originally bought this to add two cameras and for video in motion for my wife on long trips.The Lockpick worked great for those things.

It automatically displayed a rear-view camera when the Ram was put into reverse. I also had it controlling a front-view camera that the lockpick automatically turned on and displayed when ever the truck hit 7 MPH or less for parking. Video in motion also worked fine.

The issue I had was that when listening to music on a USB thumb drive or iPod that is plugged into my glove box USB port. The Lockpick randomly caused the radio to drop the USB stick and switch back to radio. Sometimes it would happen 2 or 3 times in a single song and other times it would play a couple songs before it would happen. Basically, it made the glove box USB port not worth using at all.

It didn't have the issue with the USB port on the radio, but I use the glove-box one extensively because with hundreds of songs on the USB stick, I use the Uconnect voice control to select songs, artists, etc. Since you can't use voice control with the front panel USB port or the RBZ built in hard drive, I use the glove-box USB port every day.

I went back and forth with Coastal Electronics for a while and after first saying they never heard of the issue, they finally admitted that they've had reports of this from a few other people with Rams but they are unable to find the problem and therefore not to expect a software or other fix for it.

Since the USB drive is what I listen to most, it wasn't worth the trouble for me so I uninstalled the Lockpick and moved my cameras back to a rear-view mirror display.

If you don't have or don't use the glove box USB and just want it for cameras and video in motion, then this should be a good deal for you. I would guess a console USB port might have the same issue.

If you decide to buy this, you may have the same issue so keep that in mind. As far as USB ports go, this is as is only.

IMG_0206.jpg

Ray

Last edited:

Disturbed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Good luck with sale. This is such a deal. Just wish I could get it without the wife knowing. She''d kill me as I spent too much this year. Definitely worth the money.

OP
OP
Ocelot

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bumpity Bump

OP
OP
Ocelot

Ocelot