New Tire Suggestions/Reviews- Falken Wild Peak AT//Duratracs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OH-FIVE-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hello I am looking for some new tires and would like to know what you guys are running and how you like them and what you use them for
(Looking for an aggressive AT for light offroading and Nebraska winters (lot of snow)

I have narrowed my main 2 to the Duratracs and Falken wild peak AT

Just comment on what your tire is and how it preforms (doesn't have to be the 2 mentioned above

Pics would also be nice

THANKS

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I have ran A LOT of different tires ... from MT to AT ....
We just had 17 inches of snow and my Nitto Trail Graps preformed hands down. I highly recommend them and I recommend Moes Performance for the best price around.
Give Matt a PM .. he will hook ya up.

DodgeGirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Sport
I run Cooper AT3s during the winter months and love them! Have nothing bad to say about them at all. We got a huge dump of snow last week and I drove through a drift that was almost up to my waist with these tires. I also have to drive on ice quite regularly and I feel these tires stick to the ice well and handle all the seasons very good! I'll definitely replace these ones with another set when it comes time to do so.

In the summer months I run 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers on my rims. I find these tires to be very good too. They handle the pavement (wet or dry) very well and seem to do pretty good in the mud too. They're NOT good in snow (in my experiences) but I wouldn't expect them to be, being that they are a mud tire.

Long story short... you can't go wrong with Nitto or Cooper IMO.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Look at your sidewall .. the nitto is stamped M&S .. mud and snow. At least mine are.
And its getting harder to find approved M&S tires.

Weird how you dont like them in snow and I do ... LOL

The duratrac is also rated M&S and I have never seen a bad review.

DodgeGirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Sport
Yes they are marked, but just in my experience, they haven't been good in snow for me.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I have Nitto Trail Grapplers on my Ram now. Have done pretty good this winter for me too. I also have 17s with Kelly Safari Trex, less agressive, but still great all weather tires.

albertschmitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dynapro ATM - great tire and not expensive Had the Dyanpro MT but way too loud for my taste but great off road tore on my Jeep

bknilvr00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put duratracs on my 1500 express and loved them. Its the second set mud tires I've ever owned. They did really well on wet pavement and allowed me to pull my horse trailer through some deep mud. I'm talking straight snot. Dug ruts about a foot deep but the truck clawed its way out no problem. Unfortunately I traded my 1500 in on a 2500 simply because it was gna keel over after hauling the horses around. I'll definitely be putting another set of duratracs on my 2500 when I get the chance.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2