New to forum with a leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrancWV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2019 Limited with a leak which causes the electrics system to go haywire. The indicator on the transmission goes blank and doesn't light up the drive mode. Transmission will only operate in first gear, all cameras are off, all drive assist features are off, etc. This is after a rain. When it dry's out it all works. I covered the truck with a cover during a rain and took it off after the rain stopped and no problem. Had a snow and covered the 3rd brake light and antenna; took the covering off and no problem. Rain is forecast for later this week and I'll recover the 3rd brake light and antenna and test drive it again. No standing water, stains or musty odor. I'm going to change the gasket around the 3rd brake light if I can find one for a 2019 Limited. Has anyone else had a similar problem. I also took this back to my dealer when this first happened on January 11th and they told me it would be the 16th until they could look at it. I called on the 18th to check on the progress and they informed me they couldn't find my Truck and would call me back. I waited an hour and had my wife drive me to the dealership and they said they had found it and wanted to know if I still wanted them to look at it. I said no. When I had a GMC with a leak problem the dealer had a 'water doctor' who came on Thursdays, and they took care of the leak. Anyone had a similar problem?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Read TSB, check your truck... You also need to go on line to Mopar's Owner's Site and check under warranty/extended warranty listing and see if your truck is ID there also ref extended warranty.

Warranty FCA CHMSL.jpg

Attachments

• 23-098-23 TSB Back Window.pdf
    307.4 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat