New to Forums: Wiper Fluid Only Works with Turn Signal On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedBullDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone.

Just replaced both wiper fluid nozzles as they were both the original ones (they made it 150k miles) and were both broken. Driver side works find but the passenger side is still really weak. I suspect there is a clog somewhere along the line after the driver side nozzle but I'll have to revisit that. The real odd thing is the fluid will only work when I switch on the left turn signal. Everything else works on the on the lever just fine. High beams, turn signals, etc. If I don't have the left turn signal on the wiper fluid motor can't be heard and the wipers themselves don't move. Anybody else run into this? I'm thinking I'll probably have to replace the lever but I wanted some ideas before I go down that hole. I haven't looked into the lever so depending on how difficult it is I might just live with the inconvenience.

Thanks!

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Sounds like the multifunction switch is bad to me but check the harness and plug first. You could confirm by getting the pinout of the plug and checking it for continuity with a meter while activating the switches.

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I sometimes end up hitting the turn signal when using the stick for wipers. They're sensitive. Still funny though.

OP
OP
R

RedBullDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have nothing to help…but am curious how the hell you figured out that having the left turn signal on makes the pump work lmao!
Honestly I haven’t used them for a while now since I noticed one of the nozzles was clean broken off. So I was sitting there annoyed they weren’t working after replacing both and randomly started messing with the switch and bam it worked with the turn signal on lmao. I do remember before they completely went out I had to wiggle it a little bit to get it going but never to this degree

OP
OP
R

RedBullDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like the multifunction switch is bad to me but check the harness and plug first. You could confirm by getting the pinout of the plug and checking it for continuity with a meter while activating the switches.
Just to follow up on this. I replaced the multifunction switch and that fixed it