New to Ram trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShellyRN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Hi. I recently bought a Ram 1500. It’s 4x4, Hemi 6.1, short bed. I love it. I’ve been able to use it to help neighbors stuck in the snow here in TN and it has performed well. However, yesterday, when I attempted to roll down the driver’s window, it came off track. The motor is working and I can push it back in place but it tilts forward. I have studied videos on removing the door panel to fix it but would love some additional insight on the his before I attempted it. Thanks!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Welcome to the Ramforum
There are a few YouTube videos, that show how to fix windows that have jumped the track.

May i suggest that you purchase a tool(s) that any Ram owner can & will use.
It is called a TRIM TOOL KIT, you can buy a kit at any auto parts store, almost any large Hardware store, even at Harbor Freight
1705878634649.png
The kit will come in handy when removing the door panel.
Also if you have to remove the radio & working under the hood

In this video, he uses his fingernail, the plastic trim tool works much better.
When he is removing the 6 plastic screws, all he needed to do was insert one of the plastic tools between the metal in the door & the door panel & i use a electric drill with a screw driver bit & i don't leave scratches
carefully lift up on the inner panel, the Locking Lever could bend if you use force

Be very careful that you don't lose the little plastic O rings behind those screws

then you will see what is in this next video

OP
OP
S

ShellyRN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Thank you for your advice. I hope to tackle this in a few days. I will get a trim kit as you suggested.

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome! Lemme know if you see my dad driving my old 1500 around Karns.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi. I recently bought a Ram 1500. It’s 4x4, Hemi 6.1, short bed. I love it. I’ve been able to use it to help neighbors stuck in the snow here in TN and it has performed well. However, yesterday, when I attempted to roll down the driver’s window, it came off track. The motor is working and I can push it back in place but it tilts forward. I have studied videos on removing the door panel to fix it but would love some additional insight on the his before I attempted it. Thanks!

welcome.gif to Ram Forum. :cool:

FYI, I bought my trim tools online through Walmart for about $6. Whenever I start a new to me task, I tend to watch numerous videos and sometimes make notes if there are any fiddley tidbits I want to remember.

If you have any specific questions on this task, I'm confident that there are many experienced members here who can assist. :cool: