New Truck, 22 2500 6.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spark plug

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Picked up my new truck last week. Ordered it June 19th and picked it up Dec 7. 22 2500 6.4, Laramie, 4.10 gears. I had parts waiting to be installed by the time it came in. Current mod list is power wagon coil springs (2" lift), Bilstein Shocks, Fuel Siege 20x9 +20, 295/65R20 Toyo AT3, Retro shop painted grille letters and tailgate badge, Debadged sides and tailgate, Red TRX Start button, Recon Smoked/White Cab Lights, Boost Auto Smoked Switchback Mirror lights. Future mods will be S&B Intake, 87mm Throttle body, Y Pipe mod and resonator delete, Custom tune once we can get the PCM unlocked.
Love this truck. I upgraded from a 17 1500 4x4 to this one. Needed a little bigger truck to pull my SRT10 to shows. Such a beast of a truck.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 80

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats, nice looking ride.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Great looking truck! I’d recommend checking any payload changes if you switch coils to PW’s, since you’re towing. PW payload is a lot lower than standard 2500.

OP
OP
spark plug

spark plug

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Great looking truck! I’d recommend checking any payload changes if you switch coils to PW’s, since you’re towing. PW payload is a lot lower than standard 2500.
i have as well as talked to several power wagon owners. My srt10 on trailer is about 8k lbs. The PW is rated to pull just under 10k lbs. Interesting tho my truck is rated at 17k lbs towing. Hard to believe just the springs will drop the tow rating 7k lbs. But regardless I am aware the springs are softer, which in turn made it ride alot smoother. I havent had to pull yet, however depending on how it does I do plan to add air bags to be able to adjust when needed.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It’s always an on-going debate here about PW towing vs payload, esp the Laramie which further reduces PL. Hook it up and weigh it and you’ll figure it out :) Your rig will pull a lot more than the accompanying PL will allow. Good luck!

OP
OP
spark plug

spark plug

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500
Engine
6.4 HEMI
It’s always an on-going debate here about PW towing vs payload, esp the Laramie which further reduces PL. Hook it up and weigh it and you’ll figure it out :) Your rig will pull a lot more than the accompanying PL will allow. Good luck!
Yea, i can def see a large tongue weight difference or payload in the bed, however if i have the trailer properly loaded, and not overloading the tongue then the towing should be just fine. i still have 4.10 gears and according to ram its rated 17k. I'm also not towing all the time. Most car shows are 2-4 hours away and at the most once a month during the season. I am planning to go to Carllisle Mopar Nats next year and will be using an enclosed trailer for that run. I def plan to have the air bags installed by then.

I do know the Power wagon has the articulink suspension to allow for better flex, while the regular 2500 does not. I wonder if due to the design of other suspension components that they felt the need drop the load ratings. I have a feeling there's more to it, than just a difference in spring rate. I can tell you that while these PW springs are softer and ride better, they are by no means soft. The truck still rides stiffer than my 1500. I pulled the SRT on my trailer with a 17 1500 3.23 gears on 35s and i had the airlift springs inside the coils. So if that handled it no prob, I'm sure this truck will be more than adequate.

Johnsurfsuppers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Nice truck. I like the red with black rims. I got the 2500 with 6.4L gas engine for the extra payload (2998lbs) for airstreaming.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
lower tire pressure as far as you can while still keeping a good contact patch.

foteck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Can you post more images? I just picked up a Flame Red 1500 Laramie Night GT. I really like yours.

RamGuy110

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Picked up my new truck last week. Ordered it June 19th and picked it up Dec 7. 22 2500 6.4, Laramie, 4.10 gears. I had parts waiting to be installed by the time it came in. Current mod list is power wagon coil springs (2" lift), Bilstein Shocks, Fuel Siege 20x9 +20, 295/65R20 Toyo AT3, Retro shop painted grille letters and tailgate badge, Debadged sides and tailgate, Red TRX Start button, Recon Smoked/White Cab Lights, Boost Auto Smoked Switchback Mirror lights. Future mods will be S&B Intake, 87mm Throttle body, Y Pipe mod and resonator delete, Custom tune once we can get the PCM unlocked.
Love this truck. I upgraded from a 17 1500 4x4 to this one. Needed a little bigger truck to pull my SRT10 to shows. Such a beast of a truck.
That's a hot ride. I'm considering this same kind of setup and getting out of the diesel game. Considering a Limited or Laramie 2500 6.4, 4.10s and leveling it.

What kind of mpgs are you getting with that setup?

Last edited:

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice looking truck! now time for all the extra non Oem stuff.