"NO BU5"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

altasnowman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I have a 02 1500 4.7l that has no dash gauges and is showing nobu5 in odometer. have tried several things and today I got a code reader and it is showing a code of P1698. Does this mean I have to replace the tranny module? Any help is appreciated as I am pulling my hair out trying to fix this issue, as well as paying the "high fuel use" tickets that come from having no gauges.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
When a DTC comes up for a BUS problem, the first thing I do is verify that the BUS is intact thought the harness. It takes a little time and a bit of reading a wiring diagram but if you can verify that the BUS wiring is good that will help you determine the root cause. It could very well be a bad TCM that has lost its ability to transmit it's messages over the CCD BUS. But, and a big but, it could be a number of things that are causing this DTC.

OP
OP
altasnowman

altasnowman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok, where do I find a wiring diagram and what else do I need to check it out. Also what other things might cause it. Not meaning to sound dumb, but it has been over 30 years since I had to do anything automotive related