No start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an ‘07 with the 5.7 and automatic.
I’ve been hearing about 5 clicks and the starter doesn’t do anything at random times, other times the truck starts normally. When it does the clicking I can turn the key off and try again, sometimes just does the clicking again and sometimes it will start then.
Today it did the clicking on several start attempts and then it would start and finally it got to where it only clucks, no starter turning.
If I try to start and it only clicks I noticed the AC fan would quit for a couple of seconds after I released the key and then it would come back on.
I turned the headlights on and tried to start the truck and the headlights stayed in.
I put in a new ignition switch a couple of months ago thinking this was the problem but that didn’t fix anything.
This problem has been happening for quite awhile now.
What is my problem?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1st thing to check would be battery, status of it, under load, and check all cables and grounds. After that, troubleshoot time. Starter clicking big symptom of poor battery health. All IMHO...

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
In addition check all the battery wiring, make sure all the grounds are clean, solid and healthy.

Mike

OP
OP
Runaround

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the battery load tested and was told it was good. I haven’t had time yet to check anything else. Hopefully after today I will get a chance.