Not liking the Borla Pro XS, Looking at a Volant catback, same as the Corsa 14405.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a Borla Pro XS installed last Saturday, and to be honest, I'm not really digging it very much. I only like the sound of it at WOT, not really any other time. They didn't install it correctly, they used the wrong clamps in the wrong spots, and I'm getting it redone Friday. If it still sounds the same afterward, I'm going to want something else.

I found the Volant catback for a really good price, and it is the Corsa 14405, which is more expensive by $150 or so. I've had a Volant catback on my Magnum R/T for many years, and it sounds perfect, not too loud normally, but sounds great when you floor it. That exhaust was also a rebadged Corsa.

So does anyone here actually have the Volant, or if you have the Corsa, what are your thoughts?

I prefer an exhaust that can be quiet when you want it and loud enough when you want it like the exhaust on my Magnum.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sayyy what. I loved the Borla XS pro in my 14 with 5” tips it sounded amazing without being overly loud. Could pass as factory onto WOT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sheapdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well it if you don't like it, let me know if you want to get rid of it. I may be interested.

OP
OP
89grand

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well the shop didn't install the correct clamps in the correct spot, so it's quite possible that it has an exhaust leak between the mid pipe and the extension pipe before the muffler. I'm getting it fixed tomorrow, so I'll see if it's different then. It sounds good when you're on the gas, but definitely doesn't at slower speeds and when cruising at 70mph or so, it doesn't quiet down as much as I'd like.

I want loud when I want it, and more quiet when I don't. Again, it's very possible it has an exhaust leak. So I'll see tomorrow.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m willing to bet it will sound better once correctly I helped my brother in law install a Pro XS on his ram. That was in 2012. Last year it fell off (due to cheap pipe the used to attach it, he lived in Colorado for a stint and it rusted off on the highway). When he replaced it I had a Borla XR1 I was going to install until I heard Carven and went that route. So I gave him the Borla XR1. It’s louder at WOT but not as deep as would be expected. His PRO XS sounded much better IMO.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
89grand

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I still don't like it as a whole. I don't think it's the mufflers fault. It's the 8spd plus the MDS. It sounds awesome from a stop light, and when passing a slow idiot on the freeway, but I hate the sound at low speed in a neighborhood or surface streets. It has a weird tone, and helicopter sounds. These trucks, to me anyway, need a very specifically tuned exhaust, and this isn't it, nor do I believe most others are

I think the stock muffler is going back on. It's too quiet when on the gas, but better everywhere else, and I spend too much time everywhere else.

My Magnum R/T has a Volant exhaust which is a rebadged Corsa and it's perfect, never considered changing it in 13 years, but every Corsa Ram video I've seen, it seems to be stupid loud, with a weird raspy note, which my Magnum doesn't have. The Volant/Corsa Magnum setup is perfect. Kind of loud when on the gas, but quiet when you're done. I want that for the Ram, but it may not be possible.

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm running ARH long tubes to a CORSA system. ZERO drone at cruising speeds. It can be raspy, but every other exhaust I've heard just doesn't sound muscular.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
No muffler out there going to make MDS sound good when it kicks in.........stick with stock exhaust or turn off MDS