OBDLink

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've read a few of the forums that recommend OBDLink MX or MX+ for Alfaobd. Looks liek Amazon is out of stock on the MX right now. I noticed there is an OBDlink LX for half the price of MX+. Anyone know if this will also work or should I just buy the MX+?

Novawill72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
I've read a few of the forums that recommend OBDLink MX or MX+ for Alfaobd. Looks liek Amazon is out of stock on the MX right now. I noticed there is an OBDlink LX for half the price of MX+. Anyone know if this will also work or should I just buy the MX+?
I have the same question.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know that the LX is one of the recommended adapters for jscan, and that app does most of the same stuff alphaobd does. So my guess based on that is it should work

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I have an LX but I don't use it anymore. It would not work to change the mileage when I upgraded my cluster. I bought an MX and the mileage change worked just fine. The other changes I made with the LX worked like DRL's, AHBM, adding a new FOB, etc. If I had to guess, it seems like the LX works fine on the BCM & RF Hub but the cluster is more finicky on speed and timing so the MX worked better. The LX doesn't support some GM and Ford Canbus's and it can't do some of the emissions tests / code clearing.

PS I just checked and the MX+ is available on Amazon next day delivery. The MX (non-plus) has been discontinued.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Luau_Pig

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya I saw quite a few negative reviews on the LX. Opted to go ahead and get the MX+ to avoid possible problems. Should be here Thursday. Can't wait to get rid of the parking light out warning on the Alpharex turn signals.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you're not doing mileage changes, which seem to require a fast adapter, go with a cheap unit. I already had a cheap elm327 and it runs alfaobd on my 18 just fine.