observations on new 2021 Warlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey guys! Let me just start by saying this truck is amazing! exactly what I wanted when i traded in my 06 1500 hemi at 300k kms which was a great truck.

This one is a hydro blue crew cab warlock with the all terrain package, towing, protection, large gas tank and 3.92 anti spin 4x4 8 speed hemi. a real beast of a truck!
I have put a drop in airaid dryflow filter and took out the charcol CARB **** screen in the airbox. Got some nice hemi sound now without spending loads of money.

After that I had a x pipe and 2 single chambers installed and welded up to the factory duals for a true dual experience. Good times haha

Now for my complaint/question. In the morning when I cold start and leave my driveway I have to stop right at the end to check for cars because its a blind corner. At this moment when im on the brakes and crawling forward it starts bucking and surging, feels like a supercharger with a bad tune. Only does it once in the morning, tow haul makes it better but still very noticeable to me lol. I have not yet taken off the battery posts to reset the pcm but that would be my first move otherwise. What do you think?

I will try to get my truck washed today for some pics for you guys!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It's probably due in part the the engine running a higher rpm to warm-up for emissions purposes. Some 8HP transmission like to hold first gear a little longer than normal the first shift of the day, there hasn't been any failures related to this and many have tens of thousands miles accumulated on them.
Not sure how many miles on the truck but these transmissions also go through a learning process and the operation will smooth out and become more predictive as miles are driven.

OP
OP
hemihustlin

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It's probably due in part the the engine running a higher rpm to warm-up for emissions purposes. Some 8HP transmission like to hold first gear a little longer than normal the first shift of the day, there hasn't been any failures related to this and many have tens of thousands miles accumulated on them.
Not sure how many miles on the truck but these transmissions also go through a learning process and the operation will smooth out and become more predictive as miles are driven.
yes the longer I let it idle the smoother it is on take off. And it does hold first gear when taking off but I knew that was normal.