OEM scissor jack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark2506

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
My truck is a 4x4. Haven't HAD to use the jack yet but this weekend I want to rotate my wheels so I'm gonna use the jack for the first time. I'll block the wheels from rolling and use jack stands when the wheels are off. The location and use of the jack on the rear is clear and straight forward. I'm a bit unsure on the front. I have located the jacking point on the lower control arm but when I raise the jack up to it, the rear portion of the lower control arm does not fit down into the slot in the jack. It's too wide or thick. There's a round feature on the control arm that I thought was supposed to fit into the hole in the top of the jack while the control arm would fit into the slot on the jack. That would keep the jack from slipping off the control are as it's at an angle to it prior to lifting. Is the control arm supposed to fit down into the slot in the top of the jack all the way to the bottom of it? If so, maybe I have the wrong jack.
Thanks, Mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357