Old guy messed up Help Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ontario Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Evening so did brakes and rotors at neighbors on ram 2014 as I am not inclined account health issues and age. The emergency brakes were all seized up big time so removed them all. My brakes now work great but I now have no cruise control anti skid or 4x4..Help Please

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

start watching this video, at the 14 minute point
the guy does not talk, so you have to watch his bad camera work

Last edited:

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Evening so did brakes and rotors at neighbors on ram 2014 as I am not inclined account health issues and age. The emergency brakes were all seized up big time so removed them all. My brakes now work great but I now have no cruise control anti skid or 4x4..Help Please
I suggest you take a look at any stored DTCs with a code reader. That will put you on the right path. It could be as simple as one wheel speed sensor out but you won't know that until you look at the DTCs.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would suspect that one of the wheel speed sensors was damaged, the connector was knocked loose, or the sensor wiring coming out of the hub was damaged. If you lose any of the wheel speed sensor signals you will have those issues. Each wheel will have a speed sensor plugged into the back side of the wheel hub. You should see wires running down into the back of the wheel hubs with the back of the sensor sticking into the hub, generally a black plastic looking piece. Look up "Ram wheel speed sensor" and it will show multiple pictures of it. A quick visual at each wheel will likely show the problem....my first guess would be that you snagged the wiring when removing and reinstalling the calipers.

Hagar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check for a broken or otherwise damages wheel speed sensor

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Rigs have failsafes, if no hydraulic or air as in a hose breaks, the e brake engages immediately locking up. Kind of scary and dangerous, but we all agree it is much better then a run away truck with no brakes, so lesser of two evils. Now if your brake line is damaged and not working, you have nothing to slow your truck to lessen impact. I'd get those fixed. Honestly I have no idea who we don't have redundant brakes as in two systems for each axle, that is how I would do it if I was building stuff, but ebrakes shouldnt be optional, if you need them and don't have them it could be a bad day for you and possibly someone else.

I bet your buddy just brushed against wheel sensor and popped it off the prongs. I'd try popping them off and putting them back.

Tominator223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There’s also a sensors on the rear diff. Top driver side. I believe the 14’s have it. The 2 on the front wheels have wires that go right behind the rotor & mount on the hub. If the wire isn’t broke or pinched. You may be able to remove & clean metal off end. Re install. They’re magnetic. Clean off eccentric ring as well. Notched ring on back of hub.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Rain, wth is that stuff? I did see the east coast had some strange stuff, been so long I forget.
Granddaughter was just down to NB and got out before the blow.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Rvance

You may have to DUCK tomorrow
either 2 inch HAIL or so called Rain
:banana-mario:

Latest posts