P018D Trouble Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daveishere63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2015 ram with it at check engine light on
The original code was P018C
Garage said they replace the fuel pump and pressure sensor and harness
I Truck now has a P018D code
Any help would be appreciated

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You would get a better response in the 4th gen section. @crash68

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
@Treburkulosis it's moved, when a post is in the wrong section you can hit the report button, that way any of the forum staff will see it.
Not sure what you are referring
More information?
He's referring to the section you posted in, the forum has different sections depending on what your posting about. I already moved the post to the correct section.
As for your error code it sounds more like fuel pressure sensor issue which I believe is on the fuel rail on top of the engine.

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Both codes are *circuit* codes relating to the fuel pressure sensor. While a circuit code is sometimes triggered by a defective sensor just replacing the sensor and crossing the fingers that it fixes it is often futile. I don't know the layout of the wiring harness but I doubt the shop replaced the whole wiring between the sensor and the PCM.

The sensor is a simple 3 wire design: 5V, ground and a signal wire. The proper way to diagnose the problem would be to make sure the 5V and ground are stable (oscilloscope would be ideal) and then measure the signal voltage. Then do the same at the PCM pins and compare. Unfortunately most shops just hook up the code reader and unload the parts cannon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca