Panhard bar Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good morning, I have a '14 1500 4x4 CC. I ordered Pro suspension 2" lowering springs, 272920. I started taking measurements last night. Looks like in stock form, empty, 1/2 tank fuel, axle is to the passenger side 1/8-1/4 inch. I am planning on removing my panhard bar when I install my springs. I am going to center my axle empty with 1/2 tank of fuel. I would like to modify my bar to that measurement. My question is, is the bar solid or is it pipe/tubing? Thank-you, Nick

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure about stock, but spohn, bwoody, and core 4x4 make adjustable panhard bars. I lowered my truck initially with 2 inch didn't need to an adjustable bar til I did a 2/4 drop

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Good morning, I have a '14 1500 4x4 CC. I ordered Pro suspension 2" lowering springs, 272920. I started taking measurements last night. Looks like in stock form, empty, 1/2 tank fuel, axle is to the passenger side 1/8-1/4 inch. I am planning on removing my panhard bar when I install my springs. I am going to center my axle empty with 1/2 tank of fuel. I would like to modify my bar to that measurement. My question is, is the bar solid or is it pipe/tubing? Thank-you, Nick

It's a light duty hollow bar.Another option is to eyeball the bar up so it sits level and the diff is pushed back to where you want it,then re-drill the holes the bar mounts to.The frame side of the bar has lots of room to relocate the bar so it's level and the diff is properly spaced.I've re drilled the frame bracket on both my last 2 trucks to get everything back into spec.It's probably better then cutting and re-welding the stock light duty bar.If you pick a Ram facebook page ,like high performance rams / tuned rams etc.,I can post a pic of my set-up for you,i don't do pics on here.If you want a pic on FB tag me
Rick Wildman

OP
OP
Nick14

Nick14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank-you very much for the replies. Rick, that is a Great idea. I didn't think of that. It could be put back to stock pretty quick that way. I don't have a facebook acct. I don't mess with all that but, Thank-you for the offer. Nick

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thank-you very much for the replies. Rick, that is a Great idea. I didn't think of that. It could be put back to stock pretty quick that way. I don't have a facebook acct. I don't mess with all that but, Thank-you for the offer. Nick

I had the Belltech relocation bracket to start with,and I never cared for it,so I looked things over and decided re-drilling the mounting points were a better idea,that was 7 years ago,lol. In my opinion it's the way to go.You might need to clearance the frame mount slightly so the bar doesn't run into a bind when it moves up,but it's nothing a die grinder and carbide bit won't accomplish in a couple min's.Try to eyeball the bar up so that it sits as parallel as possible with the diff,i use a rachet strap from the frame to pull the diff into place.

OP
OP
Nick14

Nick14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got it done. Ended up moving up the panhard bar 2". It sits level with the axle. Dropped it exactly 2" on both sides. Driver side is 1/4" lower. Fuel tank I guess. Had 1/2 tank. I did cut the stops down too. Looked like about 1" to 1 1/2" clearance before I cut them. Thank-you for the help. I never would have considered drilling a hole in different location. Nick

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Got it done. Ended up moving up the panhard bar 2". It sits level with the axle. Dropped it exactly 2" on both sides. Driver side is 1/4" lower. Fuel tank I guess. Had 1/2 tank. I did cut the stops down too. Looked like about 1" to 1 1/2" clearance before I cut them. Thank-you for the help. I never would have considered drilling a hole in different location. Nick

The engine and tranny are offset a couple inches to the passenger side,supposedly to offset the tank and drivers weight,but the pass side for some reason always sits higher when you lower a 4th Gen. The **** guys trim the coil on that side,lol. When I lowered mine it was out,so I had the wife drive it,while I followed it to see if it was obvious from another vehicles point of view,wasn't obvious enough to bother me,lol