Plasti-Dipping DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VA_Rammin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love this stuff. I did my rims a couple weeks ago - it started to get dark out so I thought I was done but really needed to do another coat. That's gonna be this afternoons project. Hopefully I'll have time to do the bumpers. I did the grill when I did the wheels. Seems to be holding up well.

I actually left my tires on the car when doing mine. This stuff doesn't overspray like spray paint does so it didnt cause any issues for the tires (definitely cover up your rotors & calipers with newspaper or something first if you keep them on).

My brother has a Jeep Cherokee that we are going to totally plastidip (the entire exterior!) this summer. I saw one once, it looks pretty badass.

OP
OP
shibby927

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Love this stuff. I did my rims a couple weeks ago - it started to get dark out so I thought I was done but really needed to do another coat. That's gonna be this afternoons project. Hopefully I'll have time to do the bumpers. I did the grill when I did the wheels. Seems to be holding up well.

I actually left my tires on the car when doing mine. This stuff doesn't overspray like spray paint does so it didnt cause any issues for the tires (definitely cover up your rotors & calipers with newspaper or something first if you keep them on).

My brother has a Jeep Cherokee that we are going to totally plastidip (the entire exterior!) this summer. I saw one once, it looks pretty badass.

Buddy of mine did his whole charger in purple. Looked pretty good too.

Yeah leaving the wheels on is a whole lot easier. Throw some plastic grocery bags around the rotor and calipers and you're good to go. You can even get some overspray on the rotor and nothing will be hurt. The plasti dip just gets peeled right off when you use the brakes. That being said, I wouldn't just spray the wheels without covering the rotors. Don't think I'd want them to be totally coated.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat