Please recommend a set of Fog Lights using Upfitter switch.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nhcaveman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would like to add Fog Lights to my 2021 Ram 2500 Tradesman, and it seem to be from what I've read here on the forum is that this is no longer a plug and play install.

I do have the Upfitter Switches and would like to utilize one of them for the fog light install as I just don't want it to be too involved. I don't care since it isn't plug and play to make it a factory install, I'd rather keep it simple. I would however prefer a set of lights that does fit the current opening in the bumper for a factory look.

So, I'd like recommendations from others who have gone this route on their current (19 up) Tradesman HD models. Also, instructions, part numbers, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

I have read other threads, some lengthy and it all seems like more then I'm comfortable getting into, but using the Upfitter switch seems much simpiler, plug and play, and without the need for programming.

Thank you,

OP
OP
nhcaveman

nhcaveman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for the welcome,

Is that a Fatboy you're riding there? I rode a ElectraGlide for 15 years until I sold it in 2019. I still get a ride in here and there, my older brother has 4 bikes in his shed.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
You can do a retro kit and take the wiring to a relay then to the upfitter switch
This kit has 2 holes in the bezel, assuming they are for the parking assist sensors

only 1 hole

Must be nice to have the bumper with foglight "blanks" in them instead of having to get a whole new bumper. Around here, for sale ads they guys must think they are gold plated.

OP
OP
nhcaveman

nhcaveman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I finally got around to my fog light install, but I couldn't justify the cost of the Baja Designs I wanted and went in another direction. I bought both bezels and brackets from Mopar, I went with the halogen style, not the LED style, and used a LED light from Amazon. I also made my own wiring harness again, using parts from Amazon. It's probably a bit overkill using 14AWG wire, but I wanted to make a good harness I could depend on.

From the mopar.com national estore:
Part Number Part Name Price Quantity Total
68449383AA Fog Lamp Bracket Kit $23.63 1 $23.63
68449341AA Fog Lamp Bezel Kit $15.44 1 $15.44
Subtotal: $39.07
Economy Shipping: $6.04
Total: $45.11

Local Ram dealer:
OEM Hardware $36.00

From Amazon:
New Generation Led Fog Light Assembly Retrofit these are $68.00 but I used points and got them for $35.00

It will tell you they do not fit the 2500 but they were an exact fit to the brackets, I took a chance after reading another review from RB who stated that both the 1500 and 2500 had the same part number.
They are probably not as bright as the Baja Designs but I’m not off roading and they seem okay for regular street use at a fraction of the cost.

You can figure out your wiring products yourself, I spent about $40. But have plenty left over for any future needs.

My total investment was about $150.00

The install was about an hour and a half but was much easier than replacing my stock halogen low and high beam lights with LED lights.

For the low and high beam if you have halogen and wish to change them, I used Lasfit I bought on Amazon for about $65.00

20221002_135444.jpg

Attachments

• 20221002_135449.jpg
    20221002_135449.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: