Premium 7" EVIC from '14 Laramie 2500/3500 missing options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This concerns the EVIC part# P 56054948AE Mopar Parts Online has it from a '14 Laramie 2500/3500.

I replaced the basic cluster out of my '18 5500 C&C Tradesman. Before I had the Commercial Settings now I can's seem to find it with the "new" cluster. Also I have RA1 non XM capable radio. And the "new" cluster only displays the Ram splash logo. Tried changing it to Laramie in both Special Packages with Alfa to no avail.

Any ideas? can these clusters be upgraded with firmware maybe that has these missing things like the Mossy Oak logo?

Thanks

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
This concerns the EVIC part# P 56054948AE Mopar Parts Online has it from a '14 Laramie 2500/3500.

I replaced the basic cluster out of my '18 5500 C&C Tradesman. Before I had the Commercial Settings now I can's seem to find it with the "new" cluster. Also I have RA1 non XM capable radio. And the "new" cluster only displays the Ram splash logo. Tried changing it to Laramie in both Special Packages with Alfa to no avail.

Any ideas? can these clusters be upgraded with firmware maybe that has these missing things like the Mossy Oak logo?

Thanks

The '14 clusters do not have the alternate logos. I chased that one around for a while with mine. You're stuck with just the RAM logo there. I don't believe that anyone has figured out how to upgrade the actual firmware in the clusters.

I believe that the reason the commercial menu is not present is because the Laramie the EVIC came from would have had the higher level radio and those options would have been controlled through the radio. You may be able to get the commercial menu to activate using a tool like AlphaOBD or AutoEnginuity. I'd recommend Alpha myself, it's much less expensive and does more.

AlphaOBD thread: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

-K

OP
OP
Cillys

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The '14 clusters do not have the alternate logos. I chased that one around for a while with mine. You're stuck with just the RAM logo there. I don't believe that anyone has figured out how to upgrade the actual firmware in the clusters.

I believe that the reason the commercial menu is not present is because the Laramie the EVIC came from would have had the higher level radio and those options would have been controlled through the radio. You may be able to get the commercial menu to activate using a tool like AlphaOBD or AutoEnginuity. I'd recommend Alpha myself, it's much less expensive and does more.

AlphaOBD thread: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

-K

That is what i was afraid of except i thought i read in another thread a guy had a '14 cluster and he had the 2500 HD logo but someone had programed it for him i reckon with the mileage. go figure. Ive have Alfa and those options are enabled in the BCM. Havent looked into AutoEnginuity but will now. thanks

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
You are going to need a 2015+ cluster for those menus. I ran into this with my 2015 RAM 2500 when I bought and installed a 2014 EVIC. They changed some settings from the radio to the cluster between 2014 and 2015 model years.

OP
OP
Cillys

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are going to need a 2015+ cluster for those menus. I ran into this with my 2015 RAM 2500 when I bought and installed a 2014 EVIC. They changed some settings from the radio to the cluster between 2014 and 2015 model years.

Thanks. Well that sucks. Still tho 500$ for Diesel cluster within 3k miles of mine cant be too bad ...???