Printed a Tshirt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Dye-sub?

Curious how long the ink will last is why i ask.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Image flashed into my brain of the Letters spelling RAM but in an artistic style that overlays a Ram head with horns…sort of a watermark… hmmmm

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dye-sub?

Curious how long the ink will last is why i ask.
Direct to Garment printing using a Ricoh RI100 printer. Internet says the ink lasts 50 to 80 washes on average (large range, but lots of variables).

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Image flashed into my brain of the Letters spelling RAM but in an artistic style that overlays a Ram head with horns…sort of a watermark… hmmmm
I really need to get good at designing my own logos / images. I would love to be able to print shirts for folks here on the forum!

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really need to get good at designing my own logos / images. I would love to be able to print shirts for folks here on the forum!

Design is my issue too, I am good at technical stuff, machining, 3d printing etc... artistically challenged though haha.

Last edited:
OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Give the owner of the site a shout! I am sure he would love someone to make some official site merch! PM @Shaggy

Design is my issue too, I am good at technical stuff, machining, 3d printing etc... artistically challenged though haha.
I hear you. The only limitation with this printer is that it does not print white ink. So if an image has white, that area is whatever color the T-shirt fabric is. The RamForum logo would be fine on black shirts, etc. I don't have an official business set up, so there wouldn't be any website to order anything from, but perhaps if I get enough traction I could set something up.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hear you. The only limitation with this printer is that it does not print white ink. So if an image has white, that area is whatever color the T-shirt fabric is. The RamForum logo would be fine on black shirts, etc. I don't have an official business set up, so there wouldn't be any website to order anything from, but perhaps if I get enough traction I could set something up.
I just got another 3d printer last weekish, thing has been running non-stop since. But, I gotta decide what I want to do with it. Kind of expensive for a hobby, but oh man is it fun to make random cool stuff.

How did you end up buying such a cool machine for shirt printing?

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got another 3d printer last weekish, thing has been running non-stop since. But, I gotta decide what I want to do with it. Kind of expensive for a hobby, but oh man is it fun to make random cool stuff.

How did you end up buying such a cool machine for shirt printing?
A good friend of mine was moving. He had the printer for 3 or 4 years maybe, and was done with using it. He decided to straight up give it to me, along with probably 200+ white t-shirts.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A good friend of mine was moving. He had the printer for 3 or 4 years maybe, and was done with using it. He decided to straight up give it to me, along with probably 200+ white t-shirts.
WOW that is awesome! I need some friends like that!

I am sure you have printed a ton of stuff so far right? Share some more pics!

REDinAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew
Engine
5.7 2wd 3.92
I can make some if you're interested! I'm currently away for leadership training (USAF), but I can make some in June if you're still interested. I have XL white shirts available.
ok, maybe we'll discuss all that in June. have a great month, stay safe airman.

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WOW that is awesome! I need some friends like that!

I am sure you have printed a ton of stuff so far right? Share some more pics!
I'll share some more when I can! I have printed a decent amount, but not crazy lol

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Best of luck with your training !

Looks great and hope to see more of your shirts :) Very interested !