Question about stock ram 2500 suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckguy7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
This is my first ever post on here and I just made myself account. If this is in the wrong place or I mess something up I’m sorry I don’t have any experience on here. Anyway I am in the prodded of looking for a good deal on a Ram 2500. I am looking at the 2003 through 2006 models. I like that body style but I don’t want one that is from 2007-2005 because they have egr in them. As I’m looking through trucks I notice that some of the trucks dip down a little in the front and others appear to come stock leveled in the front. Why is this? Is is a special suspension package or what’s going on here? Thank you for any help or answers please be patient with me as I learn this website

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum.

All stock 2500 trucks will have a little suspension rake, i.e. the front will be lower than the rear, to account for the heavier springs in the rear & to allow the truck to run level vs. nose high when the bed is loaded.

A 2500 truck that looks level without a load on it has had some work to the front suspension to flatten out that rake. It could be different springs, adjustable shocks or a fixed height spacer.

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In my opinion, you want that rake in the rear. Trucks that sit level in the front, you're going to be nose High when you have a heavy load in the back. Or hooked up to a fifth wheel/ bumper pull. Of course you can get some airbags or a set of timbrens and fix that.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
If it has a little rake, it’d be still on the stock suspension. Probably best when you’re towing heavy loads and the back end gets pushed down so you won’t have to be peeking over the hood to drive

I’ve seen a few 2500s and 3500s, especially 02-05 diesels, that sit abnormally low in the front. If you see one of those I would assume the suspension is worn out from holding that giant 900 lb Cummins in there. Be sure and give the suspension a look before buying so you won’t have any surprise expenses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500