Random missfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ps1999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2011 Ram 1500 that is getting poor gas mileage, has trouble pulling a trailer with 2 dirt bikes, sometimes when it kicks down or on hard acceleration the check engine light flashes and it starts running rough. I ease up and light goes out and it starts running fine other than no power and poor mileage. If I dig deep into code history I get a p305 code. I have a very faint tick. I have replaced all the coils and plugs, replaced manifolds, gaskets and bolts. Checked the injectors and inspected wiring. I removed the valve cover and it appears all springs are compressing at same rate and speed. I done a compression test and it pumped up to near 200 and held it. I’m not sure if I should remove head now to inspect lifters or go another direction. One issue I had last winter was the fuel pressure reley failure, and I did the bypass in the fuse box which has been working just fine other than my loose fuel cap light on. I’m wondering if the tipm would have anything to do with it or should I just continue with the engine tear down. Has 164,000 miles on it.