Rear parking assist not functional

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluerose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.4
I bought a kit from Infotainment for the rear park assist over a year ago (I really wanted to do the front ones but they didnt have that at the time). Anyway could never get them working. That being the case I left it and when the front came available, I got that and set it up. (not as easy to install as the back, however with some adjustments with Alfaold I got it working. Still not the back though. Changed the PTS controller to the newest one and checked the wiring, no problem I also swapped out each of the sensors to the front and no changes. Any thoughts?

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
I have thoughts but you're probably not going to like them. Why bother with the parking assist ? All those dummy electronics should be eliminated from the vehicles. If you can't back up or park without a little thing beeping at you he shouldn't be behind the wheel. No I'm going to get a lot of flak for this but it's the truth. Just like people that can't back up using mirrors and they require the rear view camera.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have thoughts but you're probably not going to like them. Why bother with the parking assist ? All those dummy electronics should be eliminated from the vehicles. If you can't back up or park without a little thing beeping at you he shouldn't be behind the wheel. No I'm going to get a lot of flak for this but it's the truth. Just like people that can't back up using mirrors and they require the rear view camera.
I spent the first 2 months after I picked up this truck in March trying to figure out how to disable the dang rear camera. Can't do it. I can unplug it, but that also disables my electronic tailgate lock, and since that is the only way I can lock my tailgate I have to put up with the camera, also. So, I just put a piece of electrical tape over the dang lens. Fark the camera, I use my mirrors.

Redfisher1974

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I spent the first 2 months after I picked up this truck in March trying to figure out how to disable the dang rear camera. Can't do it. I can unplug it, but that also disables my electronic tailgate lock, and since that is the only way I can lock my tailgate I have to put up with the camera, also. So, I just put a piece of electrical tape over the dang lens. Fark the camera, I use my mirrors.
Guy from early 1900’s “who needs turn signals! Ive got two good arms”
Ha ha just messing with u

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I asked the dealer if I could opt out of electric start and have a hand crank. No! I tell ya they just make us pay for unnecessary stuff, almost like a truck tax for shareholders. I do like the backup camera. Not because I can’t miss the rock wall but because I can get within an inch of where I need to stop every time and leave my wife maximum space to get around this blimp in my driveway. The sensors are beeping wildly and I’m still going further with the camera. I look at it as a cost saving feature.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I asked the dealer if I could opt out of electric start and have a hand crank. No! I tell ya they just make us pay for unnecessary stuff, almost like a truck tax for shareholders. I do like the backup camera. Not because I can’t miss the rock wall but because I can get within an inch of where I need to stop every time and leave my wife maximum space to get around this blimp in my driveway. The sensors are beeping wildly and I’m still going further with the camera. I look at it as a cost saving feature.
At least I don't have that feature...just a camera, no sensors to bug me.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I bought a kit from Infotainment for the rear park assist over a year ago (I really wanted to do the front ones but they didnt have that at the time). Anyway could never get them working. That being the case I left it and when the front came available, I got that and set it up. (not as easy to install as the back, however with some adjustments with Alfaold I got it working. Still not the back though. Changed the PTS controller to the newest one and checked the wiring, no problem I also swapped out each of the sensors to the front and no changes. Any thoughts?
If you are still having problems pm and I can try and help you out .
You have alpha obd which helps a lot