Rear Spring hanger replacement 02 1500 4X

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caves51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my 02 quad right rear spring hanger is rotting away. Has anyone made this repair. Nobody makes a replacement part , the hanger is welded to the frame. Professional spring shops won’t touch it claiming insurance issues. Truck runs great and I d like to fabricate a repair . Any advice, I’m in Northern NJ thanks

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
@caves51 Welcome to RamForum. Check out Elite Auto Works in Florida on 17A, they might do it. Also check Function Motor Sports in Pine Island. I know it's a bit of a haul for you, but I don't know of any shops by you.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my 02 quad right rear spring hanger is rotting away. Has anyone made this repair. Nobody makes a replacement part , the hanger is welded to the frame. Professional spring shops won’t touch it claiming insurance issues. Truck runs great and I d like to fabricate a repair . Any advice, I’m in Northern NJ thanks
can you get a few pictures of it so we can see how bad/come up with ideas.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Any custom fab shop would be able to do it. The problem may be your frame's surrounding metal could be to far gone for them to even mess with it. Which if the front spring mount is rotted like youre saying, chances are the frame is too.

OP
OP
caves51

caves51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They never even looked at it conversation was over the phone . The frame is solid enough for a replacement plus every previous and post year truck makes a replacement part even the 02 25&3500 makes a hanger. All those spring shops are fabricators who I dealt with in the past.

OP
OP
caves51

caves51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info Florida and pine island are not a problem both are 20 to 30 minutes from WM NJ thanks Again