Rear view mirror with screen for front cam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spud2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
So, I am trying to come up with a way to add a front camera to my 17 sport but have the screen hidden. I know there are options like the lockpic and whatnot, but I was hoping to have a standalone screen somewhere where I could press a momentary button to turn on the screen and show the front view (did this on my 14 express with an aftermarket HU. I was wondering about the factory rear view mirror with the backup cam screen and if it would be possible to send the screen the signal from the aftermarket front cam and keep everything else the same. I already have the rear cam in the 8.4. Yay? Nay? Other ideas?

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I put in a 5.0 radio “found for $35” lol. Had rear and front camera installed. I have a switch mounted so I can view rear or front whenever I want. Backup comes on when in reverse “obviously” and the front comes on when under 10mph. I think they used pac module and it all works well.

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just recently installed this, seems to work fine, could put the screen wherever you want.

https://www.costco.com/Type-S-Solar...Wireless-Backup-Camera.product.100425010.html

The way it works is that its a wireless license plate cam that you initially charge by USB port, but subsequently stays trickle charged via a built in solar panel, and the only thing you have to plug in is the iphone sized display to its very long cigarette lighter adapter.

Its magnet mounted, and its set to automatically come on when it first gets power, for however long you desire (up to 90 seconds), and whenever you wave your hand in front of it, which seems to work great.

Using it as a front camera, in the menu options you can flip/mirror the image so its the correct orientation (by default its setup as reverse cam).

I'm now able to park within inches of a vehicle in front of me with ease. Only downside is that for obvious reasons you can't see your bumper, and so while its very wide angle, you can't actually see the moment your front bumper corners would touch another vehicle. The ones that replace the RAM grille emblem with a camera and point down probably could by contrast.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I just recently installed this, seems to work fine, could put the screen wherever you want.

https://www.costco.com/Type-S-Solar...Wireless-Backup-Camera.product.100425010.html

The way it works is that its a wireless license plate cam that you initially charge by USB port, but subsequently stays trickle charged via a built in solar panel, and the only thing you have to plug in is the iphone sized display to its very long cigarette lighter adapter.

Its magnet mounted, and its set to automatically come on when it first gets power, for however long you desire (up to 90 seconds), and whenever you wave your hand in front of it, which seems to work great.

Using it as a front camera, in the menu options you can flip/mirror the image so its the correct orientation (by default its setup as reverse cam).

I'm now able to park within inches of a vehicle in front of me with ease. Only downside is that for obvious reasons you can't see your bumper, and so while its very wide angle, you can't actually see the moment your front bumper corners would touch another vehicle. The ones that replace the RAM grille emblem with a camera and point down probably could by contrast.
This is where I mounted my front cam. I can see my bumper and get a good view “I don’t have a pic” but the camera is mounted to a L bracket bolted inside the bumper.

BEF7EFD7-77C4-4E58-AD19-2A701FA6BFDB.jpeg