Remote Starter Aborted Hood Ajar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juanpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone else knows what to do when you have that message when trying to remote start the truck? I’m having this problem need help, is nothing wrong with the hood i had my dogs and was trying to start the truck more than 3 times and game me this message “ REMOTE STARTER ABORTED, HOOD AJAR”

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a connector that goes to the hood latch, if it is not plugged in or damaged you will get that message. It could be there or anywhere along that harness the wires could be damaged. Any collision work done recently? Any new parts like a grill change, or bumper? Safety feature so the car will not remote start if they are working under the hood.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cuminslvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
Truck has to be locked up tight for remote start to work. FCA doesnt want a lawsuit from the family of some dope that has his head in the engine compartment and accidentally hits the remote start on his fob.:doh2: