Replace air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamentas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
2016 Limited 3.0 diesel. Air suspension has failed twice. I want to have the entire system removed and switched over to shocks. What might I expect to pay for this type of repair and should I go through Ram dealer or aftermarket service center?

mrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie
Engine
I replaced the air suspension in our 2016 Longhorn at 104K miles after problems with sagging in cold weather. Ram refused to deal with it under warranty, saying there was no fix. I eventually negotiated a deal with the Service Manager and the Regional Rep to replace the air suspension with a Monroe conversion system. Parts # AM90028C1, C2, C3. We essentially split the cost- my share was $1108.27, installed.

OP
OP
J

Jamentas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
How do you suggest I approach the dealership with this? What specifically did you argue with them?

mjbrox113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I replaced the air suspension in our 2016 Longhorn at 104K miles after problems with sagging in cold weather. Ram refused to deal with it under warranty, saying there was no fix. I eventually negotiated a deal with the Service Manager and the Regional Rep to replace the air suspension with a Monroe conversion system. Parts # AM90028C1, C2, C3. We essentially split the cost- my share was $1108.27, installed.
I just bought a 2014 with air suspension that I am hell bent on keeping running. So.... Ill buy all your old suspension parts off ya