RPMs jump/rev 40-60mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flightmedic544

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I apologize if I am starting a redundant thread. I am new and searched others but could not find anything similar.

My 05 4.7 has been "jumping" or "burping" up RPMs 40-60mph, running at 13-jumps over 2000 and drops immediately. I notice it does it on cold or wet days but not consistently. It started shortly after I got it. I replaced plugs, cleaned MAF sensor, TB, had a cylinder 1 misfire code, replaced that. No wires appear frayed or even close to damaged. No lights. I also notice it doesn't usually start until I have been driving for about 30 minutes. Never happens on thruway.

Well I live in Buffalo....you may have heard about our snow storm over the last cpl days. Well I put it in 4wd on way to work and it was jumping and slipping all over. RPMs jumped at every speed.

IDK what it could be. Almost ready to take it in. Drivetrain still under warranty. Any suggestions. Tranny?

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
It might just a clogged transmission filter. If its not throwing any transmission related codes I'd probably start with having the transmission fluid and filters changed. Maybe check the trans fluid level and see if it looks pinkish or more dark indicating it should be changed. Could also be the torque converter going out. Welcome to RF.