S&B cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed a S&B intake on my 2019 ram 2500 6.4 hemi. I unhooked the negative battery connection like they said to. When all done and I go for a test drive, all lights are on. Check ABS, check everything!! I shut the truck off, turned it back on and it cleared all the junk on the dashboard. It was 37 degrees and my butt warmer, and steering wheel heat didn't come on. I went to turn them on and it works fine, but now there isn't even the option for the passenger seat heated seats. WTF?!?! Will it eventually come back since these are big dumb computers, or do I need to try something else?? Thanks.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I just installed a S&B intake on my 2019 ram 2500 6.4 hemi. I unhooked the negative battery connection like they said to. When all done and I go for a test drive, all lights are on. Check ABS, check everything!! I shut the truck off, turned it back on and it cleared all the junk on the dashboard. It was 37 degrees and my butt warmer, and steering wheel heat didn't come on. I went to turn them on and it works fine, but now there isn't even the option for the passenger seat heated seats. WTF?!?! Will it eventually come back since these are big dumb computers, or do I need to try something else?? Thanks.
Give it an hour or two and everything should come back

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I cleared my IBS when I did my battery, and per Head Mechanic at Dealership, he related keep off for 4 hours. NE WAY, when I fired up the truck, it was XMAS tree heaven. About 1/2 of the stuff cleared initially, but it took 4-5 drive cycles for most of the computer modules to talk to each other. It took 4 cycles just to get my cruise back. Just how these dang rolling electronic gremlins are.

OP
OP
K

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How long did you disconnect the battery for? Yes it should go back to normal in probably 3 drive cycles. This sort of things happen also when you replace the battery
It was close to 2 hours the battery was disconnected. I replaced the battery a couple years ago and don't remember it doing this, but it may have been during good weather and the heated seats weren't needed. I will give it a couple days to see if everything goes back to normal before getting too paranoid.

OP
OP
K

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also, gotta say the S&B is nice, but royally sucks to get the 3 grommets to line up that the box snaps into. Overall, probably wouldn't do it again if given the chance. It was a Christmas present from the wife though.

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was close to 2 hours the battery was disconnected. I replaced the battery a couple years ago and don't remember it doing this, but it may have been during good weather and the heated seats weren't needed. I will give it a couple days to see if everything goes back to normal before getting too paranoid.
When i replaced my battery mine did all kinds of strange things. No air conditioning contol was the biggest since it was july here in phoenix lol. I drove it for a hour i believe it was next day it was back to normal.

OP
OP
K

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't get to drive anymore yesterday since I wasn't feeling well, but will probably drive it today since I need to get some prescriptions filled and picked up. Hopefully it will be back to normal today, or soon after driving for a while.

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there a recommended procedure for replacing the battery to minimize the electronic mayhem that will ensue?