School me on gears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Deepfried

Deepfried

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A 31x12.50 street drag radial and 4.56 ratio gears with a few motor mods and you are going to need to get more than 10% off tires.

So you're implying the 4.56 gears wouldn't be necessary?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Ok gotta admit I am outta touch with your truck and your plans. Is this a 2wd or 4wd rig? Motor mods are? You say "Hot Rod it" that can go many ways can you please be more specific. The more info we have the better we can help, you can also add your trucks info into your sig this helps as well.

OP
OP
Deepfried

Deepfried

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok gotta admit I am outta touch with your truck and your plans. Is this a 2wd or 4wd rig? Motor mods are? You say "Hot Rod it" that can go many ways can you please be more specific. The more info we have the better we can help, you can also add your trucks info into your sig this helps as well.

It's a 2001 Ram 1500 5.2 RCSB 2wd. My long term goal is a fun to drive 300hp+ street ride that'll also be versatile enough to hit dirt roads when I want. So I'm not really interested in lowering/raising it. I just want it to accelerate like a beast and be damn fast. Long term goal here.

No mods as I've only had it a couple weeks. Also factor in a modest "here and there" budget and you have a "new to this" guy trying to learn all he can and put his money where it counts.

Last edited:

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
It's a 2001 Ram 1500 5.2 RCSB 2wd. My long term goal is a fun to drive 300hp+ street ride that'll also be versatile enough to hit dirt roads when I want. So I'm not really interested in lowering/raising it. I just want it to accelerate like a beast and be damn fast. Long term goal here.

No mods as I've only had it a couple weeks. Also factor in a modest "here and there" budget and you have a "new to this" guy trying to learn all he can and put his money where it counts.

Thats a great help, Thank you very much. Instead of me pooching this thread maybe think of starting a build thread, if you have one post up the link.

lol Okay.

It'll startle them, but won't blow them away....but startling them is half the fun. :naughty:

I will not say I can blow them away but I do like the look on there face when they realize I am still beside them lol.

I wanna do more then startle them. ;)

Thats gonna cost, as you will need to start changing comp ratio and so on, but it can be done with the Magnum motor.

OP
OP
Deepfried

Deepfried

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats a great help, Thank you very much. Instead of me pooching this thread maybe think of starting a build thread, if you have one post up the link.

but it can be done with the Magnum motor.

Good to know as I'm looking at my first major mod being a PATC mega viper tranny.

I'll start on a build thread...