Semi New Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knighthawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So I have been reading posts on the side for a while now and using a lot of what I learn to do my mods to my truck. I have post replys on a couple posts to try and help out where I can. I figured it was time that I introduced my self and showed of my truck a little.

So here we go.

I have owned 4 Dodge Rams over the years. My 1st was a Black 98 2 wheel drive Quad Cab (5.9L). Very nice and clean not really anything done to it. Ended up trading it for a 04 Durango. It was nice. Then I got a Red 2000 4x4 Ram (5.9L). Now that 1 was fun. Added fixed step rails, tool box over sized tires custom wheels and a CD radio. Upgraded the egnition system a bit. Nothing crazy. Had to sell that one when I moved over seas for work. Got back and bought a Black 04 2 wheel drive Quad Cab (Hemi). Loved the truck at first but it started having issues pritty quick. Loved the auto step rails on it.

Then I bought my current truck...:waytogo: and let the fun begin. Right off the bat I start with add-ons, upgrades and Mods. I bought this one right off the show room floor in TX. I was there on business and the truck I was driving finally gave me enough issues that I decided I am buying a new truck. I had been looking for a while and found a local dealer that had exactly what I needed. After some research and a bit of hagaling, I got it for a steal.

picture.php

I started by adding the AMP power step rails, Retrax bed cover w/ LED under rail lights (wired to the cargo light for convience) and the Fire and Ice under tailgate break light. Then I found the HID mod here and did that. Purchased everything from Amazon and installed H/L and Fog HIDs. Next I install the tow hooks. That is when I really got going. I read am article here about a hidden winch. I did not think one would fit where I wanted it, he did it. So I set out to build my own to fit my needs and it worked great. This was the most aggressive MOD I had ever tackled on a truck. I had to cut out parts from a brand new truck (SCAREY). Next I really started having fun, I cut out the grille and installed a Paramount Evolution Wire Mesh Grille w/LED Light bar and 2 small square LEDs.

picture.php

This past weekend I upgraded the RA3 to the RA4 8.4AN Stereo.

So this is where I am. I still have a lot left I plan to do. I want a small lift, but I want rear airbags too. Larger tires. The VaraRam intake. I need to add the back-up camera/ sensors. Trailer Break Controller. Skid Plates. I may swap the HID in the fogs for the quab LEDs. I am kinda up in the air if I want to do the Carbon Fiber Hood Decal. I am planning to paint all the silver peaces in the cab (center console/dash and door trim) to match the Red on the truck. I know I have to mack sure I us a high quality enamel paint that will not rub off. I want it to look right and last a lifetime (no rattle can crap). Also upgrade the shift knob to the better version. Ideas welcome. Look through my photo Albums I just added. I have more photos of each I just need to get some time to add them all.

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Welcome! Sharp looking truck, I love the red. Vararam is a nice mod, I just put one on recently. Picked up a nice little mpg gain which I didn't expect.

2014StormTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4x4 2003 LY Evo VIII ER Built 2.2L
Engine
6.7 CTD / 4G63
Welcome! You sir are going hard in the paint!!!

No pun intended lol

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Welcome to the site it's great to have you here

Tony

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome, nice looking truck

OP
OP
Knighthawk

Knighthawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Wanted to thank everyone for all the welcomes. The projects will be starting again soon. Still have to sell the 8.4A Stereo and the grille inserts that I took out to pay for some of the next mods I want to do.

OP
OP
Knighthawk

Knighthawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Now that the Grille project is done and everything is all cleaned up. I have 2 new projects this week. 1. I have purchased a Harley Davison Edition CB for the truck and 2. VaraRam Intake has been ordered from MOE's... Have to support people that support my favorite Site... The Antennas are in for the CB, so I have to get started installing all that.

OP
OP
Knighthawk

Knighthawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So, the LED Fogs are in. The Carbon Fiber hood stripers are on. I also decided to install LED back up lights as well. I have them wired up just like the grille lights in the front. This truck is really looking sharp and if you can't see it I think I almost have enough light now...lol.

I am debating, do I paint the silver parts of my dash red to match the truck, or do I go with the same carbon fiber to bring that element to the interior. Thoughts? :buffer: