Strange Vent issue(s)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryan83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Hello,

I have a 1999 dodge ram 1500 V8 which so far has been a great truck however a few days ago the vents seam to be acting very weird. When I was driving around town with the AC on it would blow cold air then out of no where it sounded like the vent switched to blowing outside air and it would blow hot hair for about 3 seconds then back to cold air for around 2 – 3 minutes then it would do it all over again also sometimes when I turn on my truck and start driving it will blow air out of the vents when all the controls show it as being off, yet again it only lasts a few seconds but it has me completely stumped also when this happens it sounds like a little motor from under the passenger side starts then turns off.

What exactly do I need to check to resolve this issue as it's driving me insane but just started this a few days ago.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Welcome to RF...

I'm sure someone will chime in shortly...