The Mystery of 7L of oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lenzbian07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 HEMI
Hey lads and lasses, I’ve got a 07 1500 with a Hemi. Just clocked the odometer at 375xxxkm! My most recent fox was the oil pressure sensor, lock me out of ignition until I switched it out. Went to check the oil before swapping the sensor, and goodness me… my old girl burned through 7L of oil in 5500km!! Does anybody have any ideas as to where this oil might be going?
Exhaust is not blue, Nor does it smell like it’s burning oil. No signs of leaking anywhere around the engine bay or transmission. I haven’t yet checked the spark plugs, so I’m thinking this is an internal leak but it exceeds my knowledge and problem solving ability.
What do you guys think?

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Did you personally change the oil last? Curious what brand it was.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do your spark plugs, and compression look like, you don't have an oil cooler and are you sure the right amount of oil was put in last oil change, you may have to do a leak down test.

IdahoRed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Capacity is only (7 qts) 6.6 liters? 7 liters would be more than bone dry. How did you figure 7 liters? It won't show on the stick at more than 3-4 qts.