Tick...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wyosquid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I recently noticed my 2012 hemi is ticking. Its obviously coming from the exhaust manifold, my guess is broken bolts. I made an appointment at the dealership, but my question is, will the 100,000/ powertrain warranty cover the bolts if they are broken? Or just the manifold its self?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Should be covered. Need to asked your dealer about warranty coverage though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
wyosquid

wyosquid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good deal, just made an appointment. Thanks fellas

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So I recently noticed my 2012 hemi is ticking. Its obviously coming from the exhaust manifold, my guess is broken bolts. I made an appointment at the dealership, but my question is, will the 100,000/ powertrain warranty cover the bolts if they are broken? Or just the manifold its self?

You can't properly generate power from the powertrain if your exhaust manifold is loose, so I would say its gonna be covered--mine was.

OP
OP
wyosquid

wyosquid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thats the thing, it started on a 1200 mile road trip, and it didnt seem like it affected my power at all. Maybe i just didnt notice. Thats why im thinking its the bolts may have broken. I heard alot of guys have that issue