Timber Grove the best option for support towing RV Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heath Trost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I purchased a travel trailer that I pull with my 2013 Ram 1500. Pulling it is fine I just want to raise the rear a bit to level it off. Seems like most folks like the Timber Grove air support system. In the past I did airbags inside the springs for my Nissan armada and it worked great. The Timber Grove seems like a better solution and easier to install. I see I can get them for $450. I am curious if that is what everybody would suggest or is there something better?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Airlift 5000 is the ticket

10 y ago I did Airlift 1000. ******** bags that go inside the springs. what a mistake. its absolute garbage.
5 years ago I did timbrens, they were good but you cant adjust anything depending on what trailer you pull .
This summer I did Airlift 5000 and holy **** dose the truck ever ride nice and beats the 2 first options out the window.

But if your on a budget the Timbrens will serve you well. They just pop into place and you cant feel them when unloaded.

20230717_155339.jpg

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Timber groves are excellent and their service is outstanding. Have them on my 2016 since new

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Timber Grove ASAMs is what I used on my 2018 Ram 1500. Easy install. I used an AirLift wirelessOne remote compressor to inflate them from the cab.

rmill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Timbrens are well worth a shot if you are only concerned with a little sag and want to even tail end....very happy with them.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Before you go spending money, weigh your truck fully loaded for travel with people, gear, hitch, etc. and weigh it. Then weigh your tongue weight of your trailer fully loaded, add 4geae 2 values together and subtract from gvwr. Generally the sag can mean your over your max gvwr for your truck. If within, maybe your springs are weak from years of use. Just check things out before you potentially mask a problem by installing anything because if you are overweight or have a mechanical issue the air system will have no remedial value whatsoever and you don't want a trip to go south someday.

Goof luck

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Before you go spending money, weigh your truck fully loaded for travel with people, gear, hitch, etc. and weigh it. Then weigh your tongue weight of your trailer fully loaded, add 4geae 2 values together and subtract from gvwr. Generally the sag can mean your over your max gvwr for your truck. If within, maybe your springs are weak from years of use. Just check things out before you potentially mask a problem by installing anything because if you are overweight or have a mechanical issue the air system will have no remedial value whatsoever and you don't want a trip to go south someday.

Goof luck
This right here.

It doesn't SOUND like OP is overloaded, but without weights we can't be sure. If you're just wanting to level it back out some then airbags are doing their job, just make sure you re-setup your WDH system after you've inflated your bags, because you'll be changing how much pressure is on the WD bars and might be putting more weight back on your rear axle that shouldn't be there.