Tip for those struggling to pair trailer TPMS sensors with U Connect 5 RAMs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EveryoneIsAnother

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 SO
After upgrading from a 2022 RAM 1500 Limited to a 2024 RAM 3500 Mega Cab Limited, I was dismayed by the still-buggy U Connect 5 software and its shoddy ability to pair with my old trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensors from my 2022 RAM (Trailer TPMS sensors are Mopar part number # 68516743AA).

In my case, the U Connect bug was that the trailer TPMS screen on the U Connect trailer settings page failed to show an orange indicator and tire-pairing arrow due to U Connect's buggy software, which resulted in trailer TPMS pairing never succeeding because the vehicle's trailer TPMS radio receiver wasn't actually in 'listening' mode yet. To work around this bug and get the orange indicator and pairing arrows to show, I did the following steps:

1) turned off the vehicle and completely disconnected the trailer's surround camera and 7-pin wire
2) put the RAM into Accessory Mode (2 presses of the start button with key in vehicle)

The above steps finally got around the software bug and enabled the trailer TPMS radio to begin listening mode as indicated in the attached screen shots. Sensor pairing then went off without a hitch (pun intended). This was an aggravating problem to troubleshoot because U Connect gives no indication that the trailer TPMS receiver radio isn't listening. I made this post to help others who might be searching Google & YouTube in vain for an answer. See attached pics.

Hope this helps someone else!

Attachments

• RAM Trailer TPMS Pairing Step 1.jpeg
    RAM Trailer TPMS Pairing Step 1.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 7
  • RAM Trailer TPMS Pairing Step 2.jpeg
    RAM Trailer TPMS Pairing Step 2.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 6
  • RAM Trailer TPMS Pairing Step 3.jpeg
    RAM Trailer TPMS Pairing Step 3.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 7
  • RAM Trailer TPMS Pairing Step 4.jpeg
    RAM Trailer TPMS Pairing Step 4.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 7

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've never had TPMS on a trailer and am curious - does it have to go through the Uconnect? Without that could it just go to a phone or do they come with interior screens, etc. that could just be mounted? I've definitely had issues with the Uconnect on my 2014 and wouldn't go out of my way to route anything through it unless it was absolutely necessary.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've never had TPMS on a trailer and am curious - does it have to go through the Uconnect? Without that could it just go to a phone or do they come with interior screens, etc. that could just be mounted? I've definitely had issues with the Uconnect on my 2014 and wouldn't go out of my way to route anything through it unless it was absolutely necessary.
You can buy after market TTPMS. The ones I've seen have a monitor you mount in the cab.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
After upgrading from a 2022 RAM 1500 Limited to a 2024 RAM 3500 Mega Cab Limited, I was dismayed by the still-buggy U Connect 5 software and its shoddy ability to pair with my old trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensors from my 2022 RAM (Trailer TPMS sensors are Mopar part number # 68516743AA).

In my case, the U Connect bug was that the trailer TPMS screen on the U Connect trailer settings page failed to show an orange indicator and tire-pairing arrow due to U Connect's buggy software, which resulted in trailer TPMS pairing never succeeding because the vehicle's trailer TPMS radio receiver wasn't actually in 'listening' mode yet. To work around this bug and get the orange indicator and pairing arrows to show, I did the following steps:

1) turned off the vehicle and completely disconnected the trailer's surround camera and 7-pin wire
2) put the RAM into Accessory Mode (2 presses of the start button with key in vehicle)

The above steps finally got around the software bug and enabled the trailer TPMS radio to begin listening mode as indicated in the attached screen shots. Sensor pairing then went off without a hitch (pun intended). This was an aggravating problem to troubleshoot because U Connect gives no indication that the trailer TPMS receiver radio isn't listening. I made this post to help others who might be searching Google & YouTube in vain for an answer. See attached pics.

Hope this helps someone else!
I didn't have any problems pairing the TTPMS sensors with my u5 system, although it takes a long time for the first tire to be seen. After that one paired, the rest register quickly.

The problem I have with TTPMS is that when I plug my trailer in, the system does not see that the sensors were ever registered. The work around for that is to go into the settings on the u5 system and select a different trailer, even one that is not setup at all. Then go back into settings and select the correct trailer. Still might take it a few minutes to show the tire pressures, but it always works for me. This is something I have to do every time I hook up the trailer with the TTPMS sensors.

This is on my '22 2500 Ltd Longhorn, which, like the OP's truck, is a 5th gen truck. Not sure why he posted it in the 4th gen forum.