Torque Specs for Crossmember?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So seeing how I had already found a couple of post install issues, mostly due to poor instructions. I decided to go through and read them again. I am now concerned about the torque specs on the crossmember to frame bolts on my 6" superlift kit. I just sent them an email but in the mean time I thought I would see what the experts have to say. Superlift states in the install instructions to torque these to 75ft lbs. I put more torque on the milk lid than that. So I decided to look at the zone instructions. They state like 220ft lbs. WTF? I know I saw a list of torque specs on here but can't seem to find it. I wonder if they meant to put 175ft lbs. I feel like these are some pretty important bolts and should be tighter than what I have them now. Thanks!

LifeSTRONG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
U have the newest instructions? They had to email them cause they are not listed yet on their website if it's for a 2012+ ram 1500

OP
OP
SOKY_RAM

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So superlift just emailed me back and said 75ft lbs is correct. Just seems kinda low to me but I have a bad habit of over-tightening so i'll take his word for it.

LifeSTRONG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I never even got stickers or instructions lol now they have to mail me some.. Also sent me 2 bump stops of same side. They had to over night me the other one

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So superlift just emailed me back and said 75ft lbs is correct. Just seems kinda low to me but I have a bad habit of over-tightening so i'll take his word for it.

lol you couldnt be as bad as me. If its not a moving part i just use my air hammer and call it a day. Thats what i did for my superlift cross member. Those bolts aren't coming out any time soon

OP
OP
SOKY_RAM

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
lol you couldnt be as bad as me. If its not a moving part i just use my air hammer and call it a day. Thats what i did for my superlift cross member. Those bolts aren't coming out any time soon

My wife had a chevy HHR once upon a time that I cracked the head while changing sparkplugs. Still think something had to be wrong with it before hand because I was using like a 6" long ratchet. So yeah I got a problem.

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
I am sure on the Internet there has got to be a chart showing proper torque, based on Dia and pitch, and grade of bolt. In lieu of other instructions, I'd feel confident using those specs.